Full Time Job
Processes information from a variety of sources using systems, tools and resources that support the accurate and timely distribution of royalty payments to BMI affiliates.
• Nashville, TN office. BMI has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding future transitions will take place in phases as BMI continues to closely monitor COVID-19 as employee safety is our priority
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
• As applicable, process cue sheets, link performances and perform other necessary tasks to meet team goals and deadlines.
• Maintain best practices as learned from continuous training on systems, procedures and decision-making.
• Apply policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to this business function.
• Communicate with management on a regular basis regarding work-related issues and questions.
• Meet established departmental goals for quantity and quality.
• Perform all tasks and functions handled by a specific team.
• Maintain knowledge of industry and affiliate changes through a variety of sources (industry blogs, BMI360, on-line content, and/or updates shared by co-workers and leaders).
• Regular attendance.
• Support BMI Core Values and cultivate a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Other relevant duties as needed
Specific to Distribution and Administration Services AV Team
• Process Cue Sheets.
• Identify performances on cable stations, digital audio sources and any other audio visual identification needs.
Specific to Distribution and Administration Services Audio Team
• Process Music Report Submissions.
• Identify performances reported by audio music reporting sources.
• Review and reconcile quality assurance reports related to charting works and other high priority content.
Specific to Distribution and Administration Services Foreign Incoming Team
• Process Audio- and Audio-Visual distribution payments made by foreign Performing Rights Organizations.
• Create manual payments to our affiliates.
• Review and reconcile quality assurance reports related to resolution and payment of Foreign Incoming royalties.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
Experience: Experience or familiarity with an operational/processing role.
and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Knowledge of music industry or active participation in the music community highly preferred.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient keyboard and PC skills.
• Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, ever-changing, detail-oriented work environment.
• Effective decision-making skills to determine when and how to escalate problems or questions.
• Demonstrate a passion for music.
• Foreign language helpful but not required.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to interact professionally with others at all levels.
• Ability to work in a team or independently with minimal supervision.
• Good problem-solving ability.
The specific base salary offered to a successful applicant will be based on individual qualifications, skills, experience, and education. The pay range is subject to change at any time based on various internal and external factors. The position may also be eligible for one or more performance-based bonuses. In addition to cash compensation, BMI offers a competitive portfolio of benefits to its employees, as described below.
What We Give to You:
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• 401K with employer match
• Flexible spending accounts
• Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
• 12 paid calendar holidays
• Paid volunteer time off
• Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
• Company paid life insurance
• Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Tuition assistance for qualified team members
• Commuter benefits (New York)
• Amazing and engaging culture
• Employee Resource Groups
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran’s or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.