Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Process information from a variety of sources using systems, tools and resources that support the accurate and timely distribution of royalty payments to BMI affiliates.
LOCATION: Nashville, TN office. Effective November 1, this position will report to the office (2) days per week and work remotely for (3) days a week for the remainder of 2021. Effective January 1, this position will report to the TN office Monday-Thursday and work remotely on Fridays until further notice.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• As applicable, process cue sheets, link performances and perform other necessary tasks to meet team goals and deadlines.
• Maintain best practices as learned from continuous training on systems, procedures and decision-making.
• Maintain knowledge of industry and affiliate changes through a variety of sources (industry blogs, BMI360, on-line content, and/or updates shared by co-workers and leaders).
• Communicate with management on a regular basis regarding work-related issues and questions.
• Meet established departmental goals for quantity and quality.
• Perform all tasks and functions handled by a specific team.
• Maintain knowledge of industry and affiliate changes through a variety of sources (industry blogs, BMI360, on-line content, and/or updates shared by co-workers and leaders). • Apply policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to this business function.
• Regular attendance.
• Support BMI Core Values and cultivate a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Other relevant duties as needed.
Specific to Distribution and Administration Services Audio Team
• Process Music Report Submissions.
• Identify performances reported by audio music reporting sources.
• Review and reconcile quality assurance reports related to charting works and other high priority content.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
• Experience or familiarity with an operational/processing role. Knowledge of music industry or active participation in the music community highly preferred.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient keyboard and PC skills.
• Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, ever-changing, detail-oriented work environment.
• Effective decision-making skills to determine when and how to escalate problems or questions.Effective decision-
• Demonstrate a passion for music.
• Foreign language helpful but not required.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to interact professionally with others at all levels.
• Ability to work in a team or independently with minimal supervision.
• Good problem-solving ability.
- ???For the health and safety of our staff, BMI requires that all team members who are expected to work in BMI offices or interact with the public on BMI’s behalf, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and pre-approved.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability.