Works Registration Analyst
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Research and reconcile information from a variety of sources using systems, tools and resources to accurately distribute royalty payments on time.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Apply policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to registration and maintenance of musical works submitted by BMI affiliated writers and publishers.
• Handle relevant day to day operations inquiries.
• Utilize experience and knowledge to meet established departmental goals.
• Assist with analysis of software, system tools, and reports.
• Work in other areas of the department, as needed or assigned.
• Actively participate in ongoing training.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Support our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• High school graduate or GED equivalent.
• Bachelor's degree preferred with concentration in music business.
• Foreign language preferred.
• Knowledge of at least one musical genre. More genre preferred for more complex departments.
• Minimum one year experience in music business, music publishing, or related field.
• Experience in document retrieval software preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Basic computer navigation skills including Word, Excel
• Fast learner
• Attention to detail
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Relationship management
• Music business related internships preferred
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability.