Director, Distribution & Administrative Services
BMILos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with composers, publishers & music industry executives and professionals.
• Represent BMI on panels seeking mutual interests with external audiences.
• Represent BMI at numerous functions with a high degree of networking to create personal/professional relationships with affiliates.
• Connect with key stakeholders to provide business intelligence needed for decision making; offering recommendations to address the initial request(s).
• Assist with data preparation for meetings with key stakeholders.
• Research inquiries from composers and publishers and suggest process/procedure improvements.
• Demonstrate expertise with royalty statements, payments, distribution processes, corrective actions, and relevant analysis.
• As needed, adjust for discrepancies in quarterly royalty distributions to BMI publishers, songwriters and composers.
• Audit and verify royalty statements to BMI songwriters, composers and publishers per participant contracts, BMI payment schedule, performances documentation, cue sheets, etc. prior to quarterly distributions.
• Provide extensive royalty and competitive analysis reports to assist senior management with the determination of quarterly royalty rates, modification of the payment schedule and the recruitment of songwriters, composers and publishers.
• Calculate and verify earnings projections and recoupment schedules for advances, guarantees and loans.
• Report issues and improvements across the distribution supply chain. This includes monitoring trends, issues and opportunities.
• Provide and support both tactical and strategic recommendations to improve BMI distribution methodologies for existing and evolving performance sources.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of BMI’s policies and practices, including relevant aspects of affiliation and royalty distribution.
• Work with BMI team members on various task forces within the company to develop solutions and strategies for both current and future BMI initiatives.
• Support BMI Core Values and cultivate a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Regular Attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
• Minimum five (5) years with related experience; experience in publishing, royalties and copyright highly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in analysis, preparation and presentation of data required.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite with an emphasis on Excel and Access.
• Analytical, creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
• Working knowledge of Excel and relevant data bases to create pivot tables and reports.
• Must be proactive in setting and meeting goals and objectives.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal and organization skills.
• Strong knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality/discretion.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.