BMILos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Sign new songwriters, composers and music publishers by performing the following duties either personally or through the direction of others.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Maintains a working knowledge of BMI’s role in the music industry, its competitive pressures, and how those matters impact BMI writers and publishers.
• Manages the relationship between BMI and its affiliates by answering affiliate inquiries about BMI policies, practices and royalty payments.
• Explains in detail the services BMI offers affiliates by answering affiliate inquiries about BMI policies, practices, and royalty payments.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with Latin music industry executives and professionals.
• Develops relationships with up-and-coming music professionals, songwriters, artists, and tastemakers to secure future talent for BMI.
• Presents programs to industry and community groups regarding BMI.
• Facilitates the relationships between BMI affiliates and the Latin music industry by networking with industry professionals.
• Attends Latin music industry events as a representative of BMI.
• Educates the music community on the role and function of BMI.
• Acts as a liaison between creative employees and senior management and interacts with creative executives from other BMI offices in order to recruit and retain affiliates most desirable to BMI.
• Listens to new musical works in person and as sent to BMI by affiliates, with the hope of providing information to assist the writers in marketing them within the industry.
• Analyze affiliates’ royalty income in order to project future earnings to support a bank loan.
• Negotiate with writers and publisher to continue their BMI affiliation and manage termination requests.
• Works with senior executives on special projects, such as showcases, studies, and meetings, as requested.
• Regular attendance
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivated a culture of diversity and inclusion.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum 5 years experience in the Latin music industry
• Ability to analyze songs and music for commercial success.
• Working knowledge of the song and music process from conception to hit status.
• Working knowledge of music industry trade and professional organizations.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and Spanish).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as spreadsheets.
• Able to establish a constructive and informative relationship with employees, management, writers and publishers.
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse employee population, and with all levels of staff and management.
• Able to work independently and with good judgment.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
• Strong typing and proofreading skills.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or disability