BMILos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/28/2022 1:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Coordinator jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for coordinating all aspects of key business processes, managing business relationships effectively and balancing key activities to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of services to internal customers, affiliates, and publishers.
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA office. BMI has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding future transitions will take place in phases as BMI continues to closely monitor COVID-19 as employee safety is our priority.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Coordinates all necessary details for events, including logistics, securing photography & media needs, arranging, and scheduling panels, curating monthly playlists and support with Film/TV initiatives as needed.
• Tracks data and provides necessary reporting including reports for affiliate royalty income, award nominee information, RSVPs, award show data base and records, box office grosses and project reports, etc.
• Supports administrative tasks such as managing correspondence, responding to industry calls/inquires, as well as providing technical troubleshooting.
• Attend industry events when needed.
• Communicates policies and procedures to internal and external audiences through training programs, speaking at events (AIMP, CCC, SCL, BMI 101, etc..)
• Analyzes affiliates’ royalty earnings, works catalogs, and future Visual Media projects in order to provide projections on future earnings.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of BMI’s policies and practices, including relevant aspects of affiliation and royalty distribution.
• Maintains a working knowledge of BMI’s role in the music industry, its competitive pressures, and how those matters impact BMI writers and publishers.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of experience working in the film/tv music business preferred; or any combination of education/training/experience.
• General music business knowledge and understanding of copyright issues relevant to music performance (classical and/or general).
• Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Excellent research skills
• Detail oriented work habits with a focus on accuracy and efficiency.
• Highly organized with excellent time-management skills.
• Process-oriented with superior analytical and logical skills.
• Initiative and flexibility.
• Ability to work reliably with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work under deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good data entry and proofreading skills.
• Desire to ask questions and suggest improvements in procedures.
What We Give to You:
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• 401K with employer match
• Flexible spending accounts
• Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
• 11 paid calendar holidays
• Paid volunteer time off
• Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
• Company paid life insurance
• Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Tuition assistance for qualified team members
• Commuter benefits (New York)
• Amazing and engaging culture
• Employee Resource Groups
Team members who are expected to work in BMI offices, travel for business, or interact with the public on BMI’s behalf must submit proof of vaccination unless contrary to state regulations or a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran’s or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.