BMINew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/7/2023 5:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Attorney jobs in New York-NY
Search all Attorney postings
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Manages a variety of responsibilities in support of the BMI Legal department’s service to various departments across the Company.
LOCATION: New York, NY office. BMI has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding future transitions will take place in phases as BMI continues to closely monitor COVID-19 as employee safety is our priority.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Manage a portfolio of arbitrations and infringements, including drafting pleadings, reviewing motion and discovery papers, conducting discovery, negotiating settlements, attending settlement conferences, and supervising outside counsel.
• Provide legal counsel to various BMI departments.
• Research and draft business and legal memoranda on matters of importance to BMI.
• Participate in company strategic initiatives.
• Provide advice on and/or draft contracts between BMI and outside vendors.
• Interact with other BMI attorneys and BMI management with respect to the above responsibilities.
• Act as key negotiation support for Licensing departments.
• May provide advice and counsel on copyright, contract, data privacy and other legal issues.
• Assist other attorneys in the Legal department on specific projects when necessary.
• Support BMI Core Values and cultivate a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
4-year college degree and Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school required. Admitted to the New York State Bar or Tennessee State Bar with eligibility to register as in-house counsel in New York. In addition, fulfilling continuing legal education requirements is also required.
Experience: Four (4) to six (6) years’ legal experience, a significant portion of which should be in private practice in a law firm. Prior knowledge of copyright law and/or music industry or broadcasting experience is recommended. Experience in litigation, data privacy, anti-trust, or IP transactions is preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to analyze business problems from a legal and practical perspective
• Ability to manage many projects at once and to prioritize them
• Ability to negotiate authoritatively and persuasively
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Extended hours beyond 40 as needed.
• Flexibility for occasional travel.
$135,000.00 - $175,000.00 (USD). The specific base salary offered to a successful applicant will be based on individual qualifications, skills, experience and education. The pay range is subject to change at any time based on various internal and external factors. The position may also be eligible for one or more performance-based bonuses. In addition to cash compensation, BMI offers a competitive portfolio of benefits to its employees, as described below
What We Give to You:
Health, dental, and vision insurance
401K with employer match
Flexible spending accounts
Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
12 paid calendar holidays
Paid volunteer time off
Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
Company paid life insurance
Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
Tuition assistance for qualified team members
Commuter benefits (New York)
Amazing and engaging culture
Employee Resource Groups
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran’s or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.