Associate Director, TV / Film / Visual Media
BMILos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Maintain and increase BMI's film/tv/visual media market share by performing the following duties either personally or through the direction of others.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Handles daily incoming general calls, mail, and e-mails regarding statements, cue sheets, membership, applications, publisher information and anything that pertains to film/TV royalties.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with composers, television production companies, studio music executives, composer agents, music supervisors, libraries and music production houses.
• Attends music industry events as a representative of BMI in order to maintain BMI’s profile and increase contacts.
• Works with senior executives on special projects such as panels, film festivals, workshops, seminars and meetings, as directed.
• Develops a working understanding of BMI’s policies, practices and royalties distribution system to be able to accommodate general inquiries from emails, phone calls and walk-in appointments.
• Assists with workshops, including; videotaping, securing supplies, and on-site participation.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum 3 (three) years’ experience in the music industry,
• Strong administrative and organizational skills with attention to detail
• Working knowledge of the music industry,as well as passion for film and television scores.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Must have great customer service skills; problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets, preferred
• Able to establish a professional, constructive, personable and informative relationship with affiliates, internal corporate relations, departmental employees and management.
• Able to work independently and with good judgment
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines, including special projects and events
• Strong typing and proofreading skills