Associate Director / Director, Film / TV / Visual Media
BMILos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Maintains and increases BMI’s Film/TV/Visual Media market share by performing the following duties either personally or through the direction of others.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Attends numerous music industry events as a BMI representative, inclusive of screenings, concerts, panels, all in support of our BMI composers and the visual media music community.
• Develops, and maintains relationships with composers, agents, publicists, lawyers, and Film/TV/Visual Media music industry executives and professionals. Facilitates the relationship between these industry professionals and BMI affiliates.
• Actively pursues the acquisition of established composers in the audio-visual entertainment industry in order to drive BMI’s market share.
• Collaborates with the BMI Film/TV & Visual Media dept as a cohesive team to produce workshops and events for BMI affiliates, including the BMI Film/TV/Visual Media Awards.
• Continuously works on ideas for BMI composer community engagement including creating and moderating industry panels at various events with BMI composers.
• Provides an understanding of royalties in new media as the spectrum of licensed platforms expands and changes within the current landscape of music for visual media.
• Stays up to date on industry practices, rights and law changes that affect BMI and PRO activities such as consent decrees, MLC, Neighboring rights.
• Provides working understanding of BMI’s distribution system and the ability to evaluate royalty statements.
• Answers ongoing affiliate royalty inquiries and aids in, research of cue sheets, financial adjustments, all while demonstrating a sturdy ability to source information independently.
• Collaborates with the BMI corporate communications teams on web pieces, articles, social media and any other digital initiatives to highlight BMI composers.
• Highly involved in creating ideas for new initiatives and programs to help the visual media composer (writer) community be more diverse and inclusive.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of inclusion and diversity.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the entertainment industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
• Able to establish a constructive and informative relationship with a diverse employee population, BMI management (both locally and nationally), writers and publishers.
• Working knowledge of the Film/TV/Visual Media industry and analytics for research.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; presentation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
• Able to collaborate and work well with a team.