Assistant / Creative
This was removed by the employer on 9/27/2021 1:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Assistant / Creative jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Assistant / Creative postings
Part Time Job
Assists the Creative Team with reception duties and administrative support using various tools and sources. Operates a multi-line telephone system to answer incoming call to direct and assist callers as needed. Responsible for interfacing with internal and external guests on various levels to represent BMI in a professional, positive manner.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Answer incoming telephone calls, determine purpose of callers and forward calls to appropriate personnel or department. Deliver messages or transfer calls to voice mail when appropriate staff members are unavailable.
• Answer questions about organization and provide callers with address, directions and other information.
• Welcome on-site visitors, monitor/issues visitor passes, and determine nature of business and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
• Research using various internal tools, including but not limited to the BMI participant database and email, as well as external tools.
• Update appointment and event calendars in Google Sheets as required.
• Create and print memos, correspondence, reports and other documents when necessary.
• Perform clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, mailing, shipping and collating.
• Regularly assist BMI affiliates, via the Atlanta Inbox, with questions about BMI’s website, works registrations, reset online account login information, address changes, royalty statements and other inquiries pertaining to BMI.
• Maintain Office inventory, order office supplies and maintain equipment for Atlanta Office and Creative/ATL staff in Los Angeles and New York.
• Schedule affiliates to use the Atlanta Office writer’s room and confirm Wi-Fi requests.
• Train and assist the Seasonal Temp for Holiday office coverage.
• Supports Executive Director with expense filing, calendar appointments and affiliate requests.
• Communicates and collaborates with graphic designers and department leaders on flyer designs for team events.
• Supports a variety of special events (Panels, R&B Hip Hop Awards, Holiday Dinner, Trailblazers & Employee Appreciation Day) with general administrative tasks, including but not limited to, booking accommodations, checking off guest arrivals, managing RSVP lists & preference lists, ticketing, escorting talent, generating tent cards, confirm seating arrangements, coordinating VIP preferences, confirming address/shipping details, mailing awards and generating reports.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
• Minimum one (1) year of administrative experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets.
• Able to establish a constructive and informative relationship with employees, management, writers, and publishers.
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse employee population, and with all levels of staff and management.
• Able to work independently and with good judgment.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
• Strong typing and proofreading skills.
• Working knowledge of the music industry.