Accountant / Sr. Accountant, Financial Accounting
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for performing a variety of accounting activities. This position is required to meet deadlines, be flexible to do other tasks when needed and have the ability to work without direct supervision.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
• Participate in month end close.
• Prepare account reconciliations, meeting established deadlines, and resolve reconciling items in a timely manner.
• Prepare journal entries and required support as needed.
• Assist with year-end audit.
• Prepare reports and memorandums using critical thinking skills.
• Participate in system testing as needed.
• Develop and document accounting policies and procedures.
• Assist with and prepare Fixed Asset schedules.
• Work with Financial Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Procurement and other departments on accounting-related matters as necessary.
• Participate in special projects as needed.
• Adhere to internal controls and accounting policies.
• Continually update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
• Maintain high standards through use of “best practices.”
• Regular attendance.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required. Working towards CPA preferred.
Experience: Minimum 1 year accounting experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Access).
• Experience with Oracle Financials modules preferred.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
• Capable of handling multiple tasks while meeting the established deadlines.
• Ability to understand related accounting policies and procedures
• Strong listening skills and the ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbally, in a professional manner.
• Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to changes and quickly learn new processes.
• Must be a team player, flexible, open to challenges, and have the ability to interact with all levels of company personnel.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability