Contract Administrator, Business & Legal Affairs
Blumhouse ProductionsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Contract Administrator, Film Business & Legal Affairs
Blumhouse is looking for a Contract Administrator to work across Legal and Business Affairs in the film division. The Contract Administrator is an operational hub of our busy department and maintains various trackers, and files and assists with production matters and agreements. This role will report to the Head of Business and Legal Affairs (Film).
The ideal candidate enjoys both detailed work and designing efficient systems and workflows. Prior experience working in a legal and/or business affairs function is required, ideally within the media or entertainment space. We're looking for a team member who is proactive, loves learning and is extremely organized.
• Maintain various departmental and project trackers
• Tracking the status of agreements and payments to ensure deadlines are met
• Tracking production and post-production schedules for films to ensure deadlines and all requirements are met
• Coordinate document execution and distribution
• Coordinating document and contract deliverables to distributors of completed or acquired films
• Maintain and submit work lists to unions
• Administer and maintain the shared files, and help implement a contract management system
• Coordinate and track items to be cleared for use in each film with assistance
• Assist with special projects, corporate work and other related duties as assigned or requested.
• Minimum of 3 years of previous experience supporting a legal and/or business affairs function at an entertainment company, entertainment law firm and/or motion picture production company.
• Excellent understanding of the entertainment industry and film/TV physical production.
• Ability to exercise good judgment to appropriately discern when to escalate issues.
• Excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Highly organized and attention to detail a must.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word & Outlook) and Google Suite.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online