Blue Sky StudiosGreenwich, CT
This was removed by the employer on 12/22/2020 11:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Technical Director jobs in Greenwich-CT
Search all Technical Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Technical Director? Technical Director (Expression of Interest)
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
A Technical Director (TD) in Production Technology provides critical support to a show's artists and department heads. A Technical Director will design, develop, and implement new tools and processes for a particular show or department. On occasion, a Technical Director may be asked to do shot work.
• Provide front-line support and development of tools and procedures to extend and enhance the pipeline.
• Assist animators and artists with troubleshooting of shots. Issues may include problems with fur, clothing, effects, animation, and rendering.
• Support the integration and adoption of studio-wide technology initiatives.
• Work closely with other Technical Directors, Department Heads, CG Supervisors, and Production Engineering to maintain and further the production pipeline.
• Ensure software development follows studio policies and guidelines.
• Reports to the Head of Technical Direction.
Education and/or Experience Required:
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate
• Production experience in computer animation, visual effects, or game industry.
• Experience with tool integration into existing or new pipelines.
• Experience with Maya, Houdini or other 3rd Party Animation Systems.
• Strong programming skills. Proficiency in C, C++, Python, Object Oriented Programming, Model/View/Controller framework.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and work with minimal supervision.
• Exceptional communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About Blue Sky Studios:
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Blue Sky Studios, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Blue Sky Studios.
Blue Sky Studios, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.