Blue Sky StudiosGreenwich, CT
Full Time Job
The Production Manager is accountable for managing all phases of the production process for an Animated Feature Film or any Animated Project they are assigned to. This includes partnering directly with the producers and directors, as well as interfacing with APMs, supervisors and leads of the various departments. He/She coordinates all involved disciplines toward efficient execution of all assets: characters and environments, and shots in the film based on available resources and priority. This position reports directly to the SVP of Production and Producer.
• Track, analyze and report on department trends regarding productivity, quotas and long range planning.
• Negotiate deliverables balancing quality, cost efficiency, and the demands of the specific project so as to achieve optimum outcomes given constantly shifting priorities and deadlines
• Work with the CG Supervisor, Producer(s), department managers, and Studio Executives to measure and manage creative scope within the defined schedule and budget parameters while evaluating available resources, performance priorities, and schedule implications for all assets and shots.
• Oversee and manage schedules for the confluence of deliverables, mediating between departments when necessary.
• Proactively drive ways to improve efficiency, collaboration, and communication
• Partner with all relevant departments to establish standards of deliverables, mediating between departments when necessary.
• Coach artistic and technical leadership towards production and individual performance expectations.
• This candidate has on-going contact with the Producers, Directors, and studio executives and is required to explain daily/weekly challenges, and provide solutions.
• Lead and inspire by setting a positive, professional example for others to follow.
Education and/or Experience Required:
• Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent professional experience.
• 7 years production management experience demonstrating strong career progression
• Successful Supervisory experience required
, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
• Skilled at quick and perceptive analysis and reporting to Producers/Directors and Studio Executives.
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency at using Shotgun, Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel.
• Experience using Microsoft Project a plus but not necessary.
• Ability to multi-task and to adapt to changing project needs.
• Ability to relate to, and effectively communicate, with all levels of employees in a professional and appropriate manner
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and motivate diverse groups /teams to a common goal.
• Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, matrixed environment with constantly shifting demands and priorities.
• Ability to coach and mentor so as to inspire optimum performance from both direct and indirect reports
It is a requirement of the role that the incumbent be able to fulfill offset and/or heavy time requirements as may be required by Production demands and schedules.
Some travel, including weekends, may be required depending on the nature of the project.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!