Blue Sky StudiosGreenwich, CT
Full Time Job
Help Desk L2 Windows-Mac Admin (Expression of Interest)
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
The Help Desk Level 2 Mac and Windows Administrator is focused on Mac and Windows support for our digital animation studios.
The Blue Sky Studios Help Desk provides Level 1 and Level 2 support our 600+ seat digital animation studio. This position receives direction from the Help Desk Coordinator and Workstation Services Platform Lead, and reports to the Head of Systems. Help Desk administrators work closely with the department's systems administration staff for daily task assignments and priorities.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Level 2 support for 600+ Mac and Windows workstations and laptops, including monitors, tablets, printers, peripherals, and applications.
• Computer and data security, including encryption and anti-virus updates.
• Installation image management, including pre- and post-imaging procedures.
• Workstation diagnostics and repair.
• Documenting and troubleshooting procedures for Level 1 Help Desk administrators.
• Patching network connections and digital telephones (from network switch to desktop).
• Configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting printers and print clients.
• Maintaining inventories of software, hardware, peripherals, and printer toner.
• Configuring and troubleshooting user accounts and home.
• Configuring and troubleshooting remote access.
• Training users on basic computer and applications use.
• Thorough record keeping and documentation as required.
• Other projects, and duties as may be required or assigned.
Secondary responsibilities include:
• Level 1 Mac and Windows Support.
• Experience with CentOS/Red Hat Linux support is a plus.
• Exhibits courtesy, tact, consideration, teamwork and discretion in all interactions with Studio staff and with the public.
Education and Experience
• Three to five years Help Desk experience supporting Mac and Windows at a university help desk, business or production environment.
• Experience administering computers in a multi-platform production environment is a plus.
, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
The Help Desk Administrator position requires the ability to service a wide range of technologies, including but not limited to:
• Hardware installation and troubleshooting:
• Apple Mac mini, MacPro, MacBook Pro.
• HP and Dell workstations and laptops.
• Monitors including HP Dream Color, Wacom Cintiq, and Hyundai Stereo monitors;
• Wacom Intuos tablets;
• Xerox and HP printers, scanners, faxes.
• Operating system installation and configuration:
• MacOS and IOS;
• Windows 7 and 10;
• Experience with CentOS or Red Hat Linux is a plus.
• A proven technical aptitude, indicated on resume and supported by references.
• Independent worker with good task and time management skills.
• Focused, with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to relate to and effectively communicate with all levels of employees.
• Process oriented, but flexible around business needs.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
• Office working environment
• Systems provides IT support for our 24/7 Animation Studio. Flexible working hours and overtime are required, including early morning, late evening and some weekends to support maintenance and production cycles.
• Lifting of up to 50lbs on a regular basis.
• Experience moving pallets on a pallet jack, is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About Blue Sky Studios:
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Blue Sky Studios, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Blue Sky Studios.
Blue Sky Studios, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.