Director, Human Resources
Blue Sky StudiosStamford, CT
Full Time Job
Blue Sky Studios - We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
Director, Human Resources will act as a senior advisor and trusted partner to filmmakers and business leaders on studio-wide organization and talent strategies. Drive creative and business results by actively engaging in the development and execution of business and production strategies, while also integrating HR strategies. Develop a culture where employees actively participate in shaping the creative and business success of the Studio to ensure Blue Sky Studios continues to be an innovative and vibrant place to work.
Act as a senior advisor and trusted partner to the filmmakers and business leaders on studio-wide organization and talent strategies.
• Serves as a strategic business advisor to the co-Presidents and leadership team on key organizational and leadership issues
• Acts as a key voice with creative, production and executive leadership on studio culture to help align values and leader/employee behaviors
• Ensures the executive team is aligned to a shared values and guiding principles that drive towards a healthy creative environment
• Partners with Studio and The Walt Disney Company HR leaders to support and drive the business with their compensation, employee relations, organization and leadership development, recruitment, and diversity and inclusion strategies
Drive creative and business results by actively engaging in the development and execution of business and production strategies, while also integrating people and HR strategies.
• Coaches business leaders on employee communication, development and performance management strategies, and tactics that promote engagement and reinforce studio goals and values
• Creates and executes an approach to talent management that includes forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent mobility and retention with diversity and inclusion woven throughout.
• Leads organization design activities to streamline and implement new structures, roles, and/or processes that create efficiency and engagement aligned to shifting business demands
• Partners with Talent Acquisition and Talent Solutions to ensure an integrated approach to outreach, acquisition, development and retention that reflects our global audiences
• Develops and leverages strong partnerships with the Human Resource, Communications, and Finance leaders to deliver integrated solutions that are also aligned with company initiatives
Develop a culture where employees actively participate in shaping the creative and business success of the Studio to ensure Blue Sky continues to be an innovative and vibrant place to work
• Advises senior leaders on opportunities and ways to strengthen employee engagement
• Acts as a role model for collaboration, smart risk taking and balancing Studio and Disney priorities
• Creates a strong sense of shared purpose and provides on-going development to position the team as trusted, credible business experts and to support a culture of collaboration
• Utilizes effective leadership practices to attract, develop and retain talent at all levels
• Holds direct reports accountable for providing regular feedback, coaching and development for their teams, and encouraging employees to share and experiment with new ideas
• Partner with Employee Relations team to ensure an inclusive environment for all employees and investigate violations of company policy, harassment, or discrimination
• 10 Years of HR generalist or related experience, ideally as a senior HR executive for a creative organization
• 8 Years in leading and developing HR professionals
• Demonstrated ability to effectively build creative strategies that drive engagement and motivation in a creative and production environment
• Demonstrated ability to independently develop, drive, and contribute to overall strategy and business plans in a rapidly developing, changing, and creative environment
• Proven ability to proactively translate changing business objectives to effective HR and people strategies
• Demonstrated ability to proactively embrace and drive positive, transformational change
• Relevant experience driving complex organization design and talent strategies that effectively deliver on new business and creative objectives
• Team player that quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with business leaders, partners, and employees
• Proven experience leading an effective, relevant HR team that delivers integrated business solutions, ideally in a creative environment
• Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience with HR Business Partner (generalist), Talent Acquisition/Planning, Learning and Development, Employee Relations, Organizational Development, Change Management, and Diversity & Inclusion functions
• Knowledge of employment and labor law required
• Creative background in film, arts, and/or technology preferred
Bachelor's degree required
Master's Degree with emphasis in Human Resource Management, Organization Development or Business preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.