Blue Sky Studios, Inc.Greenwich, CT
Full Time Job
As a Jr. Recruiter & Talent Development Associate you will be expected to source, identify and attract top talent for current openings as well as develop long-term relationships for future hiring needs. We are looking for someone who is a team player, can roll up their sleeves and work in a fast paced environment. We do more then just recruit - we build relationships, talent and our brand across our studio, the animation industry and schools.
• Use creative and unique sourcing techniques to find candidates
• Develop, track and continue long-term relationships with candidates for current and future opportunities
• Review reels and portfolios for any/all disciplines within the feature animation pipeline.
• Conduct in-depth interviews in order to make recommendations on best-qualified candidates
• Partner closely with hiring managers to identify candidates with the right skill set & artistic or technical discipline needed for specific roles
• Negotiate and close candidates for assigned requisitions
• Suggest creative ideas, strategies, projects and events related to recruitment and talent development.
• Travel to schools, conference and events as needed. Act as a studio ambassador, conduct presentations, review reels/portfolios and give constructive feedback when applicable.
• Establish and build relationships with top animation schools.
• Support logistics for internal and external events and studio initiatives.
• Make offers to all Intern candidates and support logistics for internship program
• Support and partner with HR on New Hires including conducting New Hire Orientation when needed
Education and/or Experience Required:
• Bachelor degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
• 2 years successful animation or games recruiting experience, animation or games production management experience or similar.
• Knowledge of the feature animation pipeline a plus
• Full-cycle recruiting experience a plus
, Abilities, special Licenses or Certificate:
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Results oriented
• Passion for art and technology
• Collaborator and team player
• Strong creative problem solving skills
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
• Flexible working hours and the ability to work Overtime, as necessary
• Ability to travel as needed for industry events, recruiting opportunities or school outreach trips
• Office working environment
• Approximately 75% of time spent working on a Computer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About Blue Sky Studios:
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Blue Sky Studios, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Blue Sky Studios.
Blue Sky Studios, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Last Updated: November 6, 2019
Table of Contents:
• Who we are
• Information We Collect
• Use of Information
• Disclosure of Personal Information
• Data Retention
• Access and Correction
• Links to Third-Party Websites
• Data Transfers and Applicable Law
• About Children
• Additional Information for the EEA Only
• Changes to the Policy
• Contact Us
Who we are
The Careers Sites allow you to apply for jobs at The Walt Disney Family of Companies worldwide, as a benefit of our global recruitment function. This means that Personal Information you submit to us will be used by our global recruitment functions located in the United States, as well as by The Walt Disney Family of Companies across the world, depending on the position you apply for.