Director of Marketing
Blue Élan RecordsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Blue Élan Records
Blue Élan Records is an independent record label based in Los Angeles (Westwood) California. For us, it starts with the music. Good music deserves to be heard, no matter who it's by, no matter the age, no matter the gender, no matter the faith, no matter the sexual orientation-no matter any of that. Good music by committed artists. That's what our Blue Élan family is all about. Voices that deserve to be heard for the pleasure and the pure enjoyment that good music brings. With this goal in mind, we are looking to expand our team with the addition of an experienced Director of Marketing, to lead our marketing team and expand our reach and opportunities for our artists.
Requirements for Application:
• 2+ years of music industry experience preferred and 5+ years in a digital and social media marketing role required;
• Strong knowledge of and experience with primary ad platforms, including AdWords, Facebook, and Youtube; working relationship with and knowledge of digital agencies a plus;
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to multi-task and thrive on a small team with minimal guidance;
• Demonstrated critical thinking and the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical, including ability to adapt strategies based on analytics; and
• Passion for music and technology/digital trends and an interest in innovating and growing in the music marketing space.
• Devise, define, structure, plan, implement, and analyze marketing initiatives for Blue Élan and each Blue Élan artist;
• Coordinate and execute campaigns for artists and events hosted, promoted, or supported by Blue Élan, including developing brand strategy, directing the development of marketing collateral, and implementing local market advertising plans;
• Analyze consumer demographics, consumer preferences, and competitor data, and generally evaluate the effectiveness and performance of marketing campaigns;
• Oversee Blue Élan staff, including the marketing sub-team, regarding marketing agendas and campaigns;
• Compose advertising copy and various marketing materials for use by Blue Élan and its artists, including drafting copy for e-mail marketing and social media marketing;
• Derive and implement inbound marketing agendas for Blue Élan and each Blue Élan artist to attract new customers and supporters by creating awareness and raising interest through non-traditional and emerging marketing initiatives, such as podcasts, blogs, newsletters, and innovative social media strategy, including performing and analyzing requisite research through market analysis to define target audiences and consumer interests;
• Pitch and secure strategic partnerships with websites and digital media companies in coordination with Blue Élan's PR team(s);
• Assist artists and their teams with new media issues, including website maintenance, basic coding, social media verifications and e-mail list cultivation; and
• Develop and expand Blue Élan's direct-to-consumer efforts in conjunction with Blue Élan's account managers to implement artist-specific pre-order offerings and expand ongoing offerings.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online