Social Programmer Basketball
Bleacher ReportAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
Social Programmer Basketball (Temporary)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Your New Role
WBD Sports & Bleacher Report are seeking a Social Programmer to assist with the daily social programming & curation of the @MarchMadnessMBB, @NBAonTNT, @NBATV and @BRHoops social media handles.
Your Role Accountabilities
• Maintain the voice for all brands by immersing yourself into the basketball community at all levels – HS, NCAA and NBA
• Edit video content in Adobe Premiere in various sizes needed for each platform, especially vertical video editing for TikTok – which can include adding captions and on-screen imagery
• Execute social content calendars; daily community management
• Create original posts and find new ways to engage with our audience
• Liaise with editorial, multimedia, production, creative, programming to implement social plans
• Monitor social web, sports news sites, blogs, athletes pages for relevant and useful content
• *Something to note* Tournaments, games, events often take place on the weekends, at night
• You have a passion for sports , especially basketball and a strong knowledge of all things sports
• You're a strong writer and creative at heart, who has a clear understanding of social design principles
• You have flawless spelling and grammar with an eye always towards even the smallest details
• You love keeping up with current trends and pop culture
• You have experience with social media management & have an active presence on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, etc.)
• You have experience with Adobe Premiere and Photoshop.
• You have amazing communication and presentation skills and are able to sell an idea to both management and colleagues
• You're a bonafide wordsmith and you take pride in being able to tell a story in 140 characters.
• You're an energetic self-starter with an innate curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit
• You're a self-starter and strong teammate who works collaboratively and responsibly with fellow passionate sports fans.
• You're used to working under pressure, nailing tight deadlines and taking creative risk when the time is right.
• You're not afraid to 'try something different' as you plan out your data driven content strategy
• You're someone who looks for new ideas and solutions, anticipates issues and follows up to keep projects moving across multiple teams
• You've received accolades for how exceptional your project management, organizational and multi-tasking skills are
• 0-2 years of professional experience
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $38,584.00 - $71,656.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
$38,584.00 - 71,656.00 per year