Programmer I, Kicks
Bleacher ReportNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Bleacher Report, a Warner Bros. Discovery company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies' by Fast Company. Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
Your New Role…
Bleacher Report is seeking a Programmer I, Kicks to be responsible for daily social programming and curation of B/R Kicks across all social media platforms and the B/R App. This individual is responsible for covering breaking news, identifying and curating evergreen UGC, community building and management across all platforms, collaborating with external creators, and creating short-form, personality-forward social videos.
The Programmer I, Kicks will work cross-functionally, collaborating with B/R programmers, content, design, production, and sales and marketing on key initiatives and alongside partners in the sneaker industry.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Lead day-to-day programming across all B/R Kicks social platforms and the B/R App by identifying, sourcing, evaluating, and posting breaking news and viral hits in sneakers, sports, and relevant pop culture
• Daily news monitoring to discover and curate evergreen content and UGC that aligns with B/R Kicks brand pillars
• Serve as on-camera lead for B/R Kicks in short-form social video formats and personality-driven live streams
• Think creatively about original content opportunities to create more of what we curate
• Discover new and emerging external creators and implement ways to collaborate on video executions
• Execute basic photo and video editing on relevant social platforms
• Collaborate with the programming staff in new content idea generation and platform learnings
• This role will require the employee to regularly appear on-camera and have their voice used on video as needed (as mutually agreed upon)
• 2+ years of professional social media experience
• Extensive knowledge of sneaker culture, streetwear, fashion, and sports
• High level social media understanding and proficiency using Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, the B/R App, and other emerging social media platforms
• Experience being on-camera for short-form social video formats and personality-driven live streams
• Possesses strong hook writing and communication skills
• Candidate should be familiar with basic photo and video editing
• Experience with analytics platforms preferred
• Ability to work nights and weekends
• Awareness of Bleacher Report and B/R Kicks' voice and extensive knowledge of internet culture
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in New York City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $51,100.00 - $94,900.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.