Bleacher ReportNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/31/2023 1:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Community Programming jobs in New York-NY
Search all Community Programming postings
Full Time Job
Community Programming, Bleacher Report (Temporary)
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
The Community and Curation Programming temp is responsible for elevating and identifying great content across Bleacher Report's mobile app. They are tasked with helping to maintain the overall health of our communities and streams and will play a heavy role in supporting our Community Captains program.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Create & program content across the Bleacher Report app.
• Assist in supporting remote moderators with ongoing community-related needs and feedback.
• Help shape moderation and community guidelines to improve our ecosystem.
• Identify sports/culture content from other digital platforms to program across the B/R app
• Execute plans and initiatives around tentpole events throughout the sports calendar.
• Elevate the voice and tone of communities across all sports by engaging directly with community leaders and contributors.
• Build, scale and curate communities within the B/R app.
• Passionate sports fan, 1-3 years of experience preferred.
• Has strong knowledge of using Discord, Reddit or other community-building platforms to grow and lead a large audience.
• Understands moderation and its critical role as a component in a healthy online community.
• Can build rich relationships with our most loyal users to garner perspective and feedback.
• Ability to conceptualize, develop and execute community-driven activations among members.
• Help cross-functional teams understand the value of community and can assist various departments in collaborative endeavors.
• Hyper-organized individual with creative mentality and great multi-tasking skills.
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• College degree in applicable field preferred (Communications, Journalism, User Research, Marketing, etc).
• Expert knowledge of multiple sports is a plus.
• Ability to work nights and weekends.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $39,312.00 - $73,008.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.