Associate Director, Bleacher Report Live
Bleacher ReportNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Bleacher Report, a WarnerMedia company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies' by Fast Company.
Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
The Digital Production team is looking for an experienced, dedicated NYC or ATL-based Associate Director to contribute to productions for our LIVE platforms, covering a variety of sports and sports culture. We are looking for a leader capable of pushing boundaries with a passion for fresh content, delivered cross platforms utilizing the latest technologies in streaming, broadcasting and social tools. Our focus is fun, approachable, engaging, innovating and entertaining LIVE experiences. We work in a fast-paced, 24-7 field in a laid-back environment. This role will require work across multiple groups and networks.
• Pitch, plan and support live shows and streams for the B/R LIVE platform.
• Tell effective, coherent stories, working with talent to deliver B/R's LIVE brand content.
• Partner with our team of directors and producers to build impactful content cross platforms ranging from 4k on-site projections to that intended to be viewed on a phone
• Work with leadership on pre, pro and post-production tasks
• Demonstrate creativity as a thought and idea leader
• Bring an eagerness to learn, a strong work ethic and ability to accomplish tasks
• 2+ years experience in studio or remote control room and/or related field
• Competency using vMix as a tool and/or similar production softwares
• No issues traveling for remote productions
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience working in the digital space
• Able to take direction and complete tasks independently
• Proven leadership skills and ability to work production team
• Proactive and passionate with thoughts and opinions that lend a sense of ownership to all assigned projects
• Awareness of Bleacher Report's voice + extensive knowledge of internet sports culture across the B/R LIVE and social platforms
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in New York City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $52,489.00 - $97,479.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.