Black Valley FilmsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for an Office Manager to work alongside Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Scott Hamilton Kennedy at his Silver Lake based production company, Black Valley Films.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: This job application requires a short video submission. We will not entertain applications without the video as described below.
Black Valley Films is in need of an office manager who is highly organized, motivated and comfortable wearing multiple hats.
This position is perfect for someone with skills and experience as an executive assistant as well as a up and coming producer. Our hire will be in charge of running the office of Black Valley Films, and as such will require someone that exudes a strong creative mind in addition to great business sense. An ideal candidate should be interested in DIY production, marketing and distribution of films, especially documentaries. With the right fit, there is the possibility to grow into a producer position on future projects.
Proficient using mac computers
Proficient using Google Calendar and Gmail, Google Drive (including spreadsheets)
Comfortable with the Adobe Suite
Familiar with task management software (i.e. Asana, OPC, Airtable)
Web Marketing (Wordpress, social media, and mailchimp)
Production Coordinator/Manager or Producing experience
Familiarity with CRM software (i.e. OPC, Salesforce)
Comfortable with Quickbooks
Basic shooting production knowledge is a bonus (camera, sound, editorial)
Maintaining daily calendar and scheduling calls, meetings and travel
Coordinating with film festivals, broadcasters and public relations firms
Assisting on productions of Scott's current film projects
Handling outreach/circulation of previously completed films
Handling bills and invoicing
Coordinating personal affairs
Hiring and Managing office interns
Location: Home office in Silver Lake
Hours: Full-time (5 days/week, 8 hours a day 9:30--6:00pm)
Salary: Hourly based on experience ($20 - $25)
To apply for this position, please make a video introducing yourself and answering the following 4 questions (see below). The video portion of this application is not optional. Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo, and then include the link to your video and password in the application, and then submit.
1. In what specific ways are you ideally suited for this position?
2. Aside from income, what do you consider the specific benefits of this job for you - and how will working for Black Valley Films fit into and support your current schedule and career goals?
3. What's one of the most important lessons you've learned from a mistake that you've made in the past?
4. Describe the most complex project, product or event that you personally coordinated (for yourself or for someone else) - what were the 'moving parts' that you had to organize, track, and execute?
5. And, briefly, anything else you would like us to know about you: philosophy on life, hobbies, favorite films, etc.
NO NEED TO SEND A COVER LETTER AT THIS TIME.