Office Coordinator for Documentary Company
Black Valley FilmsLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Search for Office Coordinator for Documentary Company jobs in Los Angeles-CA
We are looking for a documentary production Office Coordinator to work alongside Executive Producer within documentary production helmed by an Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Scott Hamilton Kennedy at his Silver Lake-based home office. Must be highly organized, motivated, and comfortable wearing multiple hats.
This position is perfect for someone with skills and experience as an executive assistant as well as an up and coming production coordinator/producer in training. Our hire will be in charge of coordinating the office and communications of Black Valley Films, and as such will require someone that exudes a strong creative mind in addition to great business sense.
An ideal candidate should be interested in DIY production, marketing and distribution of films, especially documentaries. With the right fit, there is the possibility to grow with the team.
- Proficient using Mac computers
- Proficient using Google Calendar and Gmail, Google Drive (including spreadsheets)
- Comfortable with the Adobe Suite
- Familiar with task management software (i.e. Asana, OPC, Airtable)
- Production Coordinator/Manager or Producing experience
- Basic film production workflow knowledge is a bonus (development, production, post-production, marketing distribution, etc.)
- Familiarity with CRM software (i.e. OPC, Salesforce)
- Comfortable with Quickbooks
- Web Marketing (Wordpress, social media, and Mailchimp)
- Maintaining daily calendar and scheduling calls, meetings
- Arranging travel (i.e. coordinating/creating travel itineraries)
- Coordinating with film festivals, broadcasters and public relations firms
- Assisting on productions of current film projects
- Handling outreach/circulation of previously completed films
- Handling bills and invoicing
- Coordinating personal affairs
- Hiring and managing office interns
Location: Home office in Silver Lake, CA. Must be in-person most days, but we can be flexible.
Hours and Salary: $15-20/hour BOE
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and two references. Please answer the questions below in your cover letter:
In what specific ways are you ideally suited for this position?
What's one of the most important lessons you've learned from a mistake that you've made in the past?
Describe the most complex project, product or event that you personally coordinated (for yourself or for someone else) -- what were the 'moving parts' that you had to organize, track, and execute?