Strategic Initiatives Manager
Biola UniversityLa Mirada, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Education - Instructor, Professor... Category
Search for Strategic Initiatives Manager jobs in La Mirada-CA
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Reporting directly into the Assistant Dean, this role is responsible for developing and implementing strategic initiatives within Biola University's Snyder School of Cinema & Media Arts (''CMA''), recognized by Variety as one of the top 50 film schools in the world. Working with a dynamic CMA team, responsibilities include but are not limited to student recruitment and retention efforts, entertainment industry relations, creating and implementing school/student events, managing CMA's social media accounts, and coordinating summer programs. Liaison between with the university's marketing and press teams on behalf of CMA for school branding, advertising and communication efforts. Create screenings, recruit guest speakers, develop topical forums, and well as implement additional events for students and alumni alike. Coordinate with alumni, students (current and prospective), parents and donors in varying capacities.
1. Responsible to ensure CMA enrollment goals are clear, analyzed, strategized and exceeded in coordination with the university's Enrollment, Admissions and University Analytics departments.
2. Develop strategic plans for effective student recruitment including outreach to high school students, transfers, post-traditional, domestic and international. It may include initiatives such as attending high school conferences, high school film festivals, national and international film camps, writing contests, and others. Some travel should be expected.
3. Representing one school of nine within Biola, liaison with the university's centralized marketing and communications teams to creatively strategize tactics to increase CMA's brand awareness, enhance messaging effectiveness, and improve communication to students, alumni, parents, and the entertainment industry.
4. Increase CMA social media presence and engagement for improved recruiting, retention, brand awareness, and alumni care efforts. Strategize with various university teams to maintain a highly effective website and social media strategy.
5. Actively participate in strategic growth plans for CMA including new facilities, new programs/courses/degrees, expanded domestic and international programs, etc. We welcome participation in writing/researching proposals for new initiatives and opportunities for CMA.
6. Establish relationships with industry insiders (i.e. TV, Film, New/Social Media, Game Design) who in turn could visit campus, attend classes, advise CMA, mentor students, and/or act as a resource for various department initiatives such as internships.
7. Event planning and participation in support of industry, student, university, and alumni relations. Includes ideating and executing departmental events (seminars, screenings, conferences, meet/greet events, etc.) with venue coordination and the support of promotion, among other tasks.
8. Coordinate CMA summer film camps. Assist in the creation of additional student programs domestic and international.
9. Liaison with the Advancement Office supporting the strategic directions of the emerging CMA expansion plan consistent with the Biola University Campaign, including cultivating new friends and donors.
10. Facilitate necessary faculty, staff, student and other stakeholder participation, document preparation, and progress reports consistent with the Biola University's 10 Year Plan.
11. Serve as a member of the CMA Leadership Team.
12. Serve as a member of the Expansion Team Task Force.
13. Serve as a member of the Alumni Relations Committee.
14. Serve as a member of the CMA Student Advisory Council.
1. Together with the dean, develop and implement the Dean's Council task force, by establishing relationships with key industry leaders who in turn advise CMA, mentor students, and are a resource for various department initiatives. Event planning included.
2. Support the alumni program in conjunction with the CMA Internship Manager, Biola's Alumni Relations department.
3. May include co-authoring social media postings and/or press releases showcasing CMA, its program, growth, accomplishments, new programs, student/faculty/alumni achievement, etc.
4. Provide additional support as needed in support of departmental initiatives and new opportunities.
1. As the CMA school is growing, we're looking for a builder, not a maintainer.
2. Multi-tasker who has a successful track-record managing people and projects across multiple disciplines (in our case faculty, staff, and students). Demonstrated commitment to working within a team-orientated approach and maintaining the highest professional standards of demeanor.
3. Successful experience in preparing effective communications for diverse audiences.Familiarity with press releases, social media, newsletter formatting, effective advertising messages, creating public and private presentations and audio/video production.
4. Strong public speaking skills. Able to deliver informative and motivational presentations.
5. Successful experience in marketing and developing brand awareness.
6. Effective steward of resources and budgets.
7. Preferred to have at least two years' prior professional experience inside a university/academic setting. Has at least a basic understanding of university management/protocols, student engagement and leadership, enrollment/recruiting tactics, alumni relations, donor cultivation, etc.
8. Alternatively open to at least two year's prior professional experience inside a film, television, new media, game design, or related field.
9. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills. Familiarity with diverse media platforms commonly used by faculty and students.
10. Proficiency with PC and/or Mac platforms, and standard computer applications including but not limited to MS Office.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Media degree (e.g. Film, Television, New Media, Game Design) and a graduate degree preferred.
1. Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal communications skills. Strong relatability to students (high school and college).
2. Familiar with inclusive strategic planning and reporting of progress and results.
3. Self-motivated, resourceful, customer service oriented, executive and professional attitude and appearance.
4. Event planning and management with a track record of great attention to detail.
5. Strong leadership qualities…knows how to effectively engage a team in order to accomplish a goal.
6. May require lifting, bending, or standing for long periods of time.
While 40 hours per week are expected, due to the professional nature of the position, there will be times when additional work/hours will be required in the evenings and on weekends, both for on and off campus work/events.