Binder CastingNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Casting Category
Search for Casting Associate jobs in New York-NY
Search all Casting Associate postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Casting Associate? Become A Part Of The Team:
We are seeking a full-time Casting Associate to join our New York City based team beginning summer 2021. This position will assume a primary focus in the casting process for multiple projects across the theatrical and commercial departments and support all departments as needed.
What You Bring:
• A passion for theatre and a keen eye for talent
• Clear communication skills
• Experience with Breakdown Services, Eco-Cast, and Zoom
• Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, and Dropbox platforms
• Capacity for detail-oriented organization
What You'll Be Doing:
• Collaborating with Casting Directors to support all aspects of the casting process for specific projects
• Working closely with creative teams and leadership staff
• Setting-up, implementing, and running all aspects of the audition process
• Coaching actors (adults and children) through scenes and songs
• Generating and/or contributing to casting ideas lists
• Analyzing scripts and writing character breakdowns
• Scouting for talent by attending theatre and showcases, watching film and television, and taking general meetings with actors
• Contributing ideas for new ways of working in the office
• Traveling to auditions and performances outside of New York City
PLEASE NOTE: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with this position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary or assigned.
Nice To Have, But Not A Deal Breaker:
• Professional relationships with New York agents and managers
• Mac user
• Comfortable with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn)
• Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat
• Video editing skills
• A sense of humor is appreciated too
What We Bring:
A competitive compensation package, including:
• Progressive PTO
• CitiBike membership
• Commuter benefits
• Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Pet-friendly office
• Paid paternal leave
• 401K with company match
• Employee Enrichment Program
• Industry insider perks, i.e., complimentary show tickets and ticket reimbursement allowance
• The superstructure of a corporation that embraces team building and creative contributions, as well as provides resources for personal and professional growth
• On-going diversity, belonging, inclusion, and equity mentorship with Disruptive Equity Education Project (DEEP)
• A 56,000 square foot campus, including office space with lots of natural light and the largest audition and production studio facility in the New York City area
What Are The Next Steps?
No cover letter needed to apply. Instead, please email your resume in PDF format and your responses to the following questions to the email address provided in this post.
1. On a scale from 1 to 10, how comfortable are you navigating Breakdown Services? 1, not at all - 10, I'm an expert.
2. Pick two roles below and brainstorm a list of actors for each role (no more than 10 names). This is a hypothetical casting where you are not bound by the typical constraints of availability, budget, celebrity status, or location.
BRICK - Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Male Identifying, Late 20s-Mid 30s, Person of Color. Deeply indifferent to his wife Maggie, with a steady range of emotions underneath it all. Brick was once an outstanding athlete, and still has the striking physique of a former football star, despite his rampant alcoholism.
DIANA GOODMAN - Next to Normal
Female Identifying, Mid 40s-Early 50s, Any Ethnicity. A wife and mother. Delusional, bipolar, and depressed. The sexiness of her yesterdays has only recently begun to soften. She is determined to make her family perfect but is tortured by her past. Rock Mezzo with a Strong Belt/Mix.
JULIE JORDAN - Carousel
Female Identifying, 20s-30s, Any Ethnicity. A shy but headstrong young mill worker. She is deeper and more complex than her friends. Julie defies the warnings about Billy, falling in love with and marrying him. Despite her affection, she cannot save Billy from tragedy. Strong legit Soprano.
MARK/''HARD HARRY'' - Pump up the Volume: A New Rock Musical
Male Identifying, 18+ to play high school, Any Ethnicity. The new kid in town. By day, Mark is a shy outsider, too timid to speak his mind; at night, he is ''Hard Harry,'' the raucous, no-holds barred Pirate Radio Shock Jock who'll say or do anything to provoke the powers-that-be and delight the local teenagers. Harry has a glint in his eye; impulsive, gleeful, and edgily demonic. Rock/Pop Tenor.
3. Based on the information found on Binder's website, please compose a five-sentence outreach email to a potential theatre producer. The goal is to secure a meeting with this producer to pitch how Binder can support the casting of their next project.
4. What makes working in casting exciting to you?
5. Pick a play or musical and describe your concept for the principal casting and how that would re-imagine the piece.
Binder Casting is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status, or any other protected class.