Producer & Editor
BillboardLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Penske Media, owner of over 20 leading media brands, is looking for talented individuals to join the video team at Billboard to fill the role of Producer/Editor in our LA office for Billboard News. This role is an integral part of the video team, responsible for producing and editing segments and news packages for our daily news show.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative, mission-based company and make an immediate impact on a growing team, comprised of producers, hosts, editors, and strategists. It is a multi-faceted position involving hands on activity behind the camera and will be key to the success of our franchise News show. Candidates need to have a creative eye for content, while also being a master of details in order to ensure all content is both on brand, entertaining for fans, and rolled out on time. Being nimble and willing to do what’s needed to make this slate a hit will fuel your success in this role and lead to growth opportunities within a team that loves to build careers.
• Ability to produce and edit assigned content packages from start to finish
• Work with other producers, production management, and content managers to prep content for posting across platforms
• Editing news segments daily, making sure edits are flashy, move quickly and align with EP’s vision
• Can re-orient videos to a variety of aspect ratios, such as 16:9, 9:16, 4:5, etc as needed
• Handle both logistical and creative elements of production and editing
Generate ideas for cuts and edits and anticipate needs for the show
• Ideating and brainstorming segments and topics, as needed and working with appropriate editorial or branded teams to build out concepts
• Support event or branded content video needs when available
Collaborate with the design team and EP to build show graphics, look and feel
• Willingness to travel (approx. 10% of the time)
* Bachelor's degree
* Should have 5-10 years of production and editing experience
* Specialized in Adobe Premiere for video editing
* Experience editing with music and motion graphics
* Self-starter who is used to working with tight deadlines and minimal supervision
* Ability to produce content that is on-brand and consumer friendly, rapidly
* Strong attention to detail with great communication skills and a self starter
* Understanding of fair use and news production
* Thrives on manage projects with many moving parts
* Experience with Adobe Photoshop a plus
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Billboard is the world's most influential music media brand reaching key executives and tastemakers in and around the music business through Billboard Magazine and millions of music fans through Billboard.com and Billboard Events. The Billboard brand is built on its exclusive charts and unrivaled reporting on the latest news, issues and trends across all genres of music. Billboard receives hundreds of millions of brand impressions daily through many strategic relationships with major companies across various industries. These relationships leverage Billboard's brand recognition, proprietary chart data and information resources to develop products, live events and print, television, radio, digital and mobile platforms. In addition to North America, Billboard operates businesses in Brazil, Greece, Japan, Korea and Russia
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands please visit www.PMC.com.