BillboardNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Billboard: Photo Researcher
Billboard is hiring a Photo Researcher to join our newsroom in NYC. With a renowned authority among artists, fans and the industry, Billboard powers the ultimate global music destination and magazine, featuring unrivaled reporting on music news, issues and trends, and the industry's definitive charts.
The Photo Researcher will lead photo research for the print magazine, covering everything from FOB to BOB to Features to covers & the charts; the Photo Researcher will also assist the web team with research during down time. We are seeking a self-starter who can tackle projects, large and small. The Photo Researcher will bring new ideas; needs to be someone who can work well under pressure and quick turnarounds. A love of photography is a must, let us know when you hunted for that one amazing image to add to the story.
• Track all print photo requests from editors and ensure they are assigned
• Send captions & credits to editor and input into InCopy.
• Collaborate with the edit and design teams to make sure we have the best visual coverage of the stories in print & online
• Assigning events coverage & photographer hiring when events start up again
• Track & process budget for all research & pickup images
• Work with photographers and agencies to secure exclusive imagery within budget
• Negotiate rates for photo usage for print, web & social
• Assist with magazine rollout to the website; this requires some redesign to make sure everything looks great in digital form as well
• Coordinate licensed photo usage across multiple platforms including print, digital, social, and marketing
• Archive handout photos
• Track and flag artist imagery that has run in past issues
• Assist with the Digital Asset management tracking system
• Assist international teams with photo rights & clearances when questions arise.
We are seeking these skills:
• Up-to-date with Photoshop, Bridge, InCopy. InDesign and CMS would be a plus.
• Working knowledge of image rights & usage.
• Able to work late nights during shipping and some weekends.
It's all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Billboard is a global music media brand, with a renowned authority among artists, fans and the industry. Billboard powers the ultimate global music destination and magazine, featuring unrivaled reporting on music news, issues and trends, the industry's definitive charts, encompassing the most complete and well respected database of charts across all music genres. Billboard also produces elite conferences and events which regularly convene the industry and consumers around important conversations – from the annual Power 100 to Women in Music to Pride Summit and more.