Billboard Espaol: Seo Specialist
Full Time Job
Penske Media Corp. (PMC), with leading content brands including Billboard, Rolling Stone, Variety, Deadline, and more, is looking for a multi-talented, bilingual SEO Specialist to work with content creators and provide SEO guidance to the editorial staff at Billboard Español, the brand’s new, all-Spanish music site. Billboard Español is a new site and traffic growth is imperative. Our SEO Specialist will be relentless in his or her pursuit to ensure that Spanish-speaking music fans in the U.S. and around the world go to Billboard en Español as their ultimate destination for all things music.
This position will report to Billboard’s VP of Latin Music and Billboard en Español’s Deputy Editor, and will work closely with Billboard’s editorial team and with the PMC SEO team to optimize daily editorial stories and posts, including articles and video and ensuring that we are adhering to best practices.
• Develop a daily, weekly, monthly and longterm strategy to grow traffic to Billboard en Español.
• Work closely with editorial staff to maximize the search traffic potential for each piece of content.
• Develop strategies to maximize traffic from different key territories, including the U.S., Mexico, Argentina and Colombia.
• Educate and provide regular feedback to writers on headlines, keyword usage, meta tags, URL structure, keyword analysis and related aspects of SEO.
• Provide recommendations to the Billboard en Español editorial team related to keyword and content trends as well as the performance of specific pieces of content
• Work in real time to optimize top traffic driving stories in a highly competitive industry. Proactively analyze current search trends and provide guidance to the editorial team as appropriate.
• Find new opportunities to maximize search rankings for groups of strategic keywords around holidays and major tentpoles.
• Collaborate closely with Billboard’s SEO team and other content teams (video, social) to propose improvements to the existing content offerings to further maximize search traffic potential.
• Provide SEO feedback during development of new site features.
• Document SEO guidelines and provide internal training to organizations to keep the latest SEO techniques top of mind.
• Stay abreast of notable search industry updates, especially changes to the Google algorithm
• Minimum 2-4 years of SEO related work experience
• Fully bilingual (English/Spanish) and living comfortably in between the two worlds: mainstream and Latino-centric; Spanish and English. Impeccable spoken and written Spanish is a must.
• Must understand the nuance and differences in language and culture between the U.S. Latin consumer, the Latin American consumer, and consumers hailing from different Spanish speaking regions (including Spain, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina)
• Experience with SEO analysis pertaining to keywords, trends and performance Analytically focused with the ability to recommend and implement optimization from review of performance data
• Demonstrated success with increasing organic referral growth
• Passionate about music, innovative, motivated. We are open to new ideas, projects and horizons. No project or ambition is too large or too small.
• Self-motivated individual who is driven towards continual improvement of projects. Must be entrepreneurial and require minimal oversight
• Recommended Tools: Google Analytics, Google Webmaster tools, WordPress, SEMRush, DeepCrawler, SEOmoz
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Billboard is the world's most influential music media brand reaching key executives and tastemakers in and around the music business through Billboard Magazine and millions of music fans through Billboard.com and Billboard Events. The Billboard brand is built on its exclusive charts and unrivaled reporting on the latest news, issues and trends across all genres of music. Billboard receives hundreds of millions of brand impressions daily through many strategic relationships with major companies across various industries. These relationships leverage Billboard's brand recognition, proprietary chart data and information resources to develop products, live events and print, television, radio, digital and mobile platforms. In addition to North America, Billboard operates businesses in Brazil, Greece, Japan, Korea and Russia
About Penske Media Corporation
PMC is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Gold Derby and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, and Life is Beautiful. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.