Assistant To The Editorial Director
BillboardNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Billboard: Assistant to the Editorial Director
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
Billboard is hiring an Assistant to the Editorial Director in New York. With a renowned authority among artists, fans and the industry, Billboard powers the ultimate global music destination and magazine, featuring unrivaled reporting on music news, issues and trends, and the industry's definitive charts.
This tech-savvy go-getter will help the editorial director with scheduling, presentations and general office administration, while writing, building and pitching stories, researching, fact-checking, and generally contributing to editorial projects across print, web, social and live events. This person will also welcome artists and other visitors to our New York office, and have a strong interest in the business of music.
Who you are:
• Experienced and comfortable using WordPress, Excel, PowerPoint/Slides, Salesforce or similar platforms
• Resourceful, extremely organized, a good problem solver and fascinated by the music business
• A sharp, clear writer and good communicator
• Experience writing or editing for a media outlet with a focus on business, finance or entertainment
• Heavy calendar management, make and confirm appointments; manage scheduling of meetings and communications for the editorial department
• Assist with onboarding freelancers in Salesforce; contracts, invoices
• File and process expenses; oversee purchase orders
• Handle external requests and inquiries
What you will do:
• Oversee schedule for the editorial director
• Produce and design slides for presentations
• Assist in production of daily newsletters
• Write breaking news stories
• Coordinate magazine distribution
• Work with accounts payable
• Coordinate with freelance writers
• Contribute to editorial projects, from power lists to live events to special issues to social campaigns
• Fact check and research
• Pitch and execute story ideas
• General office administration
• Build stories on WordPress
• Welcome visitors to New York office
Billboard is a global music media brand, with a renowned authority among artists, fans and the industry. Billboard powers the ultimate global music destination and magazine, featuring unrivaled reporting on music news, issues and trends, the industry's definitive charts, encompassing the most complete and well respected database of charts across all music genres. Billboard also produces elite conferences and events which regularly convene the industry and consumers around important conversations – from the annual Power 100 to Women in Music to Pride Summit and more.