Video Producer / Editor
Big Ten NetworkAnn Arbor, MI
The Big Ten Network is seeking a BTN On Campus – Video Producer/Editor at the University of Michigan. The BTN On Campus – Video Producer/Editor will support the ideation, development, and implementation of Michigan Athletics multi-platform content, with a focus on digital and social opportunities. This is a freelance position (July-April) offering up to 40 hours per week. This position will report to BTN's Manager, Digital, and will be based in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead BTN in the creative development, production, and delivery of Michigan Athletics content for multi-platform BTN channels (digital, social, broadcast)
• Ensure the selection of content/highlights is consistent with BTN/Michigan viewer trends to drive consumption with the Michigan audience while applying sound editorial judgment
• Perform pre- and post-production digital video editing optimized for social media sharing
• Organize and evaluate content for assigned programs; determine the agenda and tone of the segment
• Coordinate with the Manager, Digital, and Content Coordinators to shape content and copy into video segments for digital and social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok)
• Shoot, edit, and produce long-form storytelling content for On The Mat (wrestling), At The Net (volleyball), On The Ice (hockey), and On The Court (women's basketball) series that are distributed on digital, social, and linear platforms
• Manage the production of real-time reactions to breaking Michigan Athletics news and live coverage of Michigan sporting events
• Act as a digital advocate in coordination with the Michigan Athletics Department to ensure seamless BTN integration
• Ability to execute duties of field producer on ENG shoots
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 1-2 years of experience producing custom digital content
• Strong knowledge of digital video production-related techniques and online content management systems
• Established ability to create and produce compelling stories; generates and executes ideas, from concept to execution
• Proficiency with technology platforms and graphic design software packages (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro, 3D Software)
• Organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and a team player
• Demonstrated ability to meet strategic deadlines in a dynamic environment
• Be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Possesses a deep knowledge of Michigan Athletics and pop culture
• Familiarity with Big Ten Network's programming, talent, and brand initiatives
• Ability to lift 20 pounds
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Bachelor's degree with an emphasis on digital media production or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated production/editing experience with intercollegiate athletics programs or professional sports teams
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Sports
FOX Sports, the industry leader in live events, is the umbrella entity representing Fox Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes, as well as a joint-venture business in the Big Ten Network and digital properties including http://FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App. FOX Sports has delivered the most watched television program, NFL's America's Game of the Week on FOX, for fourteen consecutive years.