Pilot -Director - Studio Operations
Big Ten NetworkChicago, IL
This was removed by the employer on 10/27/2021 10:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Pilot -Director - Studio Operations jobs in Chicago-IL
Search all Pilot -Director - Studio Operations postings
Full Time Job
Pilot (Director - Studio Operations) - Big Ten Network
The Big Ten Network is looking for a Pilot (Director - Studio Operations) to join their team in Chicago, IL. As the Pilot, you will be responsible for the execution of live studio programming using a ROSS OverDrive Automation system. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to working with the Production team on the look and flow of studio content along with using studio equipment to build effects and templates for coding and execution of studio shows via INEWS rundowns. As the Pilot, you will be part of a team that works closely with the Production Producers, Graphics, Operations, etc. to execute and maintain a consistent, cohesive live sports studio programming.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Direct and execute live studio shows, pre-game shows, specials, and breaking via ROSS automation
• Travel and assist with studio productions on remote sites at various Big Ten locations
• Train and/or operate various positions in the studio including, Floor Dir., Cam., JIB, Steadicam, audio, etc.
• Work in Ticker Operations building playlist and executing ticker protocol as needed
• Collaborate with other Pilots, Producers, Graphics, and Operations Departments to create and maintain templates for all on-air and monitor elements
• Coordinate with the studio crew and transmission on duties needed to facilitate and execute clean studio programming each show
• Attend and participate in meetings and conference calls related to events
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 1+ year of experience with ROSS automation in a live setting with a strong understanding of studio equipment including switchers, audio boards, replay, etc.
• Knowledge and understanding of college sports
• Understanding of INEWS and rundowns
• Great organizational and project management skills, and a demonstrated ability to work without supervision in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Capacity to adapt to changes easily, allowance for flexibility in the schedule, and have strong attention to detail
• Strong leadership skills
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Sports
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports' digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports' portfolio are FOX's interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.