Big Ten NetworkLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/29/2023 3:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Manager, Communications jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Communications postings
Full Time Job
As the Big Ten expands to include Oregon, UCLA, USC, and Washington in 2024, the Big Ten Network (BTN) is searching for a Manager, Communications to join the team in Los Angeles. The Manager, Communications will work cross-departmentally (programming, digital, creative services, event production, research, marketing) to amplify BTN's content, on-air talent, viewership information, and promotional initiatives. This role will also be responsible for crafting written communications for both internal and external audiences while supporting BTN's joint-venture partners in FOX Sports, the Big Ten Conference, and Big Ten Universities.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with day-to-day communications activities for BTN and the Big Ten Conference, including the integration of Oregon, UCLA, USC, and Washington, as well as press releases, media outreach, B1G+ promotion, social media support, and sport-specific coverage updates
• Manage relationships with university communications and sports information departments, as well as the Big Ten Conference office
• Act as the lead network communications contact for various media day events, including football, men's and women's basketball, and volleyball
• Lead promotional efforts for Big Ten Network Originals programming
• Assist in the network's customer service efforts via BTN's social media platforms
• Support the department's administrative functions, including award nominations, internal memos, distribution of schedules, and processing of invoices
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 5+ years of experience working in communications
• Previous experience interacting with media and executives
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to adapt to various environments, possess situational awareness, and consistently prioritize attention to detail
• Superior organizational, critical thinking, and research skills
• Capacity to work non-traditional hours, which will include nights and weekends
• Willingness to travel to Big Ten Conference and School events
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or a related field or equivalent experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $73,000.00-98,000.00 annually for California. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.