Executive Office Administrator
Big Ten NetworkChicago, IL
Full Time Job
The Big Ten Network (BTN) in Chicago is searching for an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the President of the Network. Duties include representing the BTN to senior level corporate executives as well as board members and a broad variety of administrative tasks such as managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, handling expense reports, and answering phones and routing calls.
• Handles appropriate correspondence (phone calls, emails, contracts, etc) to be answered by Executive
• Assists in administrative details, usually of a confidential nature
• Arranges all travel for President as well as completes and submits all expense reports related to travel and entertainment
• Plans, coordinates, and ensures the President's schedule is followed and respected
• Provides ''gatekeeper'' and ''gateway'' role, creating win-win situations for direct access to President's time and office
• Provides smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments - demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with Senior Management staff
• Assists the Administrative Team in organizing company events and communicating them effectively
• Serves as the primary backup for the Receptionist during lunches, vacations and sick days - may provide data entry and backup for other staff members, as needed
• Additional administrative responsibilities as needed
• This position requires a bachelor's degree
• A minimum of 3 years' experience as an administrative assistant is necessary
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required
• Understanding the need for extreme professionalism and the ability to ''read situations'' is key to being successful at this position
• Being a highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently is a must
• Highly skilled with all Microsoft Office Applications is required
• Excellent organizational and project management skills are mandatory
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Big Ten Network
Big Ten Network (BTN) is the premier destination for college sports fans everywhere to immerse themselves in the Big Ten experience as the first internationally distributed network dedicated to covering America's most storied collegiate conference. BTN captures the Big Ten's passion and tradition with unparalleled coverage of over 1,000 sporting events each year, including football, basketball, Olympic sports and championship events and award-winning original programming, in-depth studio analysis and classic games. BTN is the ultimate destination for Big Ten fans, alumni and sports lovers across the country. The network is in more than 60 million homes across the United States and Canada.