Director, Business Affairs
Big Machine Label GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
Job Title: Director, Business Affairs
Department: Business Affairs
Direct Report: Chief Counsel / EVP
Indirect Report: COO
Big Machine Label Group is seeking a candidate that possess a strong legal skill set. The position must be able to manage a multitude of agreements, prioritize efficiently and effectively, with superb communication skills.
Essential Job Functions
• Assist and support drafting/preparing, negotiating & closing the following agreements:
o Exclusive recording agreements
o Exclusive artist master license agreements
o Exclusive songwriting and co-publishing agreements
o Publishing joint venture agreements
o Label distribution agreements
• Drafting/preparing, negotiating & closing the following agreements:
o Non-ordinary-course song licenses
o Sound recording license agreements
o Label services & marketing agreements
o Administration agreements
o ERA termination/release agreements
• Overseeing the securing of producer/mixer LOD's and work for hire declarations.
• Oversee and maintain contract management system ContractWorks
• Maintaining and administering ERA and publishing agreement option exercise procedures
• Negotiating and administering side/guest artist clearances and label waivers, in and out of label.
• Oversee administration of all Union obligations and filings
• Drafting, negotiating and closing marketing venture agreements such as:
o Promotional appearance agreements
o Promo contests/sweepstakes agreements and related forms
• Preparing contract summaries for various BMLG departments, include royalties and marketing
• Drafting/preparing, negotiating & closing the following creative-related agreements:
o Video production agreements
o Photography agreements
o Videographer agreements
o Design agreements
o Name and likeness / location clearances
• Monitor Business Affairs inbox
• Involvement in copyright infringement claims and litigation.
• Overseeing SoundExchange and Neighboring Rights collection relationships
• JD and law license
• Expertise in contract drafting and negotiations, copyright law, trademark law and laws relating to rights of publicity/privacy.
• At least 2 years experience in label business affairs or the active practice of entertainment law.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online