VP, Performance Marketing & Business Operations
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
BET is the new Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) service from BET Networks, targeting Black audiences and lovers of Black content. BET offers an array of premium content, including fan-favorite film, TV series, and specials and exclusive originals from Tyler Perry, Will Packer, Tracy Oliver, and many more.
We are seeking a creative, high performing and analytical talent who possesses a passion for building process, driving growth, and analyzing performance while keeping the customer-brand relationship top of mind. Reporting to the General Manager, the VP, Performance Marketing & Business Operations will be a dynamic, hands-on, data driven leader who will optimize current initiatives and explore greenfield opportunities to grow the business. The ideal candidate will further understand what it takes to successfully market to consumers, convert them to subscribers, and ultimately develop them into active brand advocates.
• Build and own end-to-end acquisition strategy, including process implementation and development of a scalable CRM/retention practice across multiple channels
• Monitor subscriber behavior - acquisition, retention and viewing - to identify trends and uncover insights that help drive subscriber growth and shape marketing strategy
• Drive acquisition product strategy and roadmap; work with cross-functional partners to prioritize initiatives based on projected impact and effort
• Lead full-funnel optimization efforts in tandem with product and actionable analytics
• Drive development and implementation of plans and campaigns including: developing growth experiments to uncover and verify incrementality, ROI analysis, budget planning, and modeling
• Define customer segmentation strategy to enable efficient customer acquisition across responsible channels; create hypothesis prioritization and building experimentation roadmaps with and for programmatic buying partners
• Efficiently deploy acquisition budget to hit aggressive budget targets
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g. data science, consumer insights, content, engineering) to align efforts, identify areas of opportunity to improve, and augment existing tools, functions and processes to enhance group performance
• Lead all aspects of cross-functional performance analytics, including but not limited to: product merchandising, customer funnel optimization, cross-channel promotion, CI/research, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, finance, engineering or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and education
• MBA desired
• Minimum 10 years operations and digital marketing experience in high-growth companies
• Proven strategic leadership in creating and executing effective customer marketing acquisition & retention strategies and activation plans
• Demonstrated track record in growth experimentation and funnel optimization
• Direct-response, performance marketing, and paid advertising background
• Expert in one or more of the following acquisition channels: Display, Social, SEO/SEM, mobile, and video
• Experienced with lifecycle marketing with specific focus on driving conversion from signup to paid
• Cross-functional leadership experience, working with marketing, product, engineering, analytics, creative and finance to drive performance
• Experience owning and managing a budget, creating forecasts and models for program performance and cost
• Highly analytical with experience pulling data, building reports and analyzing large sets of data
• Strong oral and written communication skills; thoughtful, clear writer
• Entrepreneurial spirit, agile, ability to pivot, try new things and test to success
• Poised under pressure and comfortable influencing colleagues and senior leadership even if they are not ''equal'' in title / status
• Demonstrated passion for and knowledge of TV and/or film content
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET's growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.