VP, Content Programming & Strategy - BET
This was removed by the employer on 1/12/2020 9:21:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for VP, Content Programming & Strategy - BET jobs in Hollywood-NY
Search all VP, Content Programming & Strategy - BET postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a VP, Content Programming & Strategy - BET? BET Networks, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET's growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.
Overview and Responsibilities
BET is a premium online streaming service with exclusive originals and thousands of TV episodes and movies from the best Black creators. A joint venture between BET Networks and Tyler Perry Studios, BET allows users to stream Black culture including hit movies, TV shows, stand-up comedy, award shows, and specials, all in one place, commercial free. The new service from BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc., is the official home of Tyler Perry’s film, TV and stage works. The ad-free subscription video-on-demand service also provides users with access to original content from the likes of Will Packer, Tracy Oliver and many more. Visit BET.com/BETPlus to learn more.
We are seeking a VP, Content Programming & Strategy, to join our Los Angeles-based office. This leader will be a key member of the team directing content licensing with major studios and indies as well as identifying market opportunities to program to our target Black audience in the US and globally. This person will report to the General Manager of BET , providing critical support in service programming, deal negotiation, execution and management.
As a leader in this business, you will bring strong critical thinking skills that allow for intense attention to detail as well as the ability to see the big picture. You will be called upon to lead meetings and give presentations to all levels of the organization as well as negotiate deals and manage external relationships with key partners. The Sr. Director / VP will translate business objectives into strategies and apply analytical and critical thinking into insights and action within the creative side of the business.
• Formulate content programming strategy and communicate that strategy internally and externally, using data to drive key decisions and optimize our content portfolio
• Identify, track and evaluate content, producers, and IP, both off-service for potential licensing opportunities and on-service for performance analysis
• Forecast and lead content flow to enable thoughtful long-term programming health across content areas and geographic markets
• Participate in all areas of negotiation: financial analysis and forecasting, contract drafting, security requirements, amendments
• Operationalize deal-making, leading all aspects of deal close and deal management, including collaboration with Marketing, Product, PR, Finance, Strategy & Analytics, and Legal
• Complete long term and ad-hoc projects, including competitive analysis, to support the team strategy and BET
• Constantly develop market expertise through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive market environment
• BA/BS preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and education
• MBA preferred
• Minimum 10 years of applicable television, studio, investment banking, management consulting or media-focused technology experience, with minimum 3 years of negotiation/sales experience
• Demonstrated passion for and knowledge of TV and/or film content and Black content, specifically
• Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills including the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships
• Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated experience in market analysis, competitive analysis and critical thinking
• Ability to work independently and change direction frequently
• Ability to manage and process detailed information while keeping perspective on the bigger picture
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
• Excellent project and time management skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.