Vice President, Social Impact
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
The Vice President of Social Impact will report directly into the Chief Social Impact Officer/Communications Officer of BET Networks- ViacomCBS.
• Develop bold social impact campaigns and activations for BET Networks. With an eye towards developing campaigns with non-profits as well as other media, entertainment and brand partners
• Lead on research and strategy development projects and effectively communicate findings and strategy, develop measurement plans to track the efficiency of campaigns
• Partner closely with content creators to advise on social and racial justice issues and storylines, including messaging mentorship, action campaigns and cast member support
• Work closely with internal partners at the brand level, ViacomCBS CSR and Office of Inclusion, as well as external partners such as talent, brands, and nonprofits to bring the campaigns to life. Collaborate with departments including marketing, insights, social, digital, development, and communications to develop integrated campaigns
• Represent the department and brands with press and other public facing capacities
• Develop and handle budgets to effectively use resources to improve impact
• Lead a small team and collaborate with our colleagues across the broader team and support on work streams where needed
• 10 years of professional experience specifically in the social and racial justice field
• Experience working in social impact at an entertainment or media company, creative agency, and/or forward-thinking nonprofit is key!
• Experience with effectively aligning and mobilizing a broad network of partners
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Deep passion for social justice and driving social change, with the ability to think like a smart and strategic creative. Experience in rapid response campaigns and crisis communications is a big plus
• Deep commitment to and experience working on diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
• Ability to rapidly shift between projects and priorities – keeping a clear focus on what really matters
• Exemplary written and oral communication skills with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Digital, social media, and editorial savvy and plugged into pop culture, digital youth culture, and prosocial trends. Passion for film and TV
BET Networks, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET's growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.