Vice President, Social Impact
BETNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/11/2021 8:55:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President, Social Impact jobs in New York-NY
Search all Vice President, Social Impact postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President, Social Impact? Overview and Responsibilities
The Vice President of Social Impact will report directly into the Chief Social Impact Officer/Communications Officer of BET Networks- ViacomCBS.
• Develop bold social impact campaigns and activations for BET Networks. With an eye towards developing campaigns with non-profits as well as other media, entertainment and brand partners
• Lead on research and strategy development projects and effectively communicate findings and strategy, develop measurement plans to track the efficiency of campaigns
• Partner closely with content creators to advise on social and racial justice issues and storylines, including messaging mentorship, action campaigns and cast member support
• Work closely with internal partners at the brand level, ViacomCBS CSR and Office of Inclusion, as well as external partners such as talent, brands, and nonprofits to bring the campaigns to life. Collaborate with departments including marketing, insights, social, digital, development, and communications to develop integrated campaigns
• Represent the department and brands with press and other public facing capacities
• Develop and handle budgets to effectively use resources to improve impact
• Lead a small team and collaborate with our colleagues across the broader team and support on work streams where needed
• 10 years of professional experience specifically in the social and racial justice field
• Experience working in social impact at an entertainment or media company, creative agency, and/or forward-thinking nonprofit is key!
• Experience with effectively aligning and mobilizing a broad network of partners
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Deep passion for social justice and driving social change, with the ability to think like a smart and strategic creative. Experience in rapid response campaigns and crisis communications is a big plus
• Deep commitment to and experience working on diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
• Ability to rapidly shift between projects and priorities – keeping a clear focus on what really matters
• Exemplary written and oral communication skills with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Digital, social media, and editorial savvy and plugged into pop culture, digital youth culture, and prosocial trends. Passion for film and TV This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.