Vice President, Editorial
BETNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 6:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President, Editorial jobs in New York-NY
Search all Vice President, Editorial postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President, Editorial?
Full Time Job
The BET Digital Editorial department is looking for a Vice President to join their team! In this role, you will lead day-to-day oversight of content lineup and editorial operations; Assist in executing the brand vision across all O&O platforms and by working closely with other digital department leads; and Develop, improve and maintain relationships with top editorial and creative talent. Leads daily production workflow, major initiatives and content budget.
- Job Responsibilities :
• Daily oversight of editorial team as well as oversight of relationships with external collaborators
• Management of editorial budget
• Assign and approves daily website story lineup; maintains editorial calendar
• Manage the editorial processes and maintain best-in-class content standards
• Research storytelling concepts. Build and handle content packages, franchises, and feature stories to improve digital and video opportunities
• Develop robust video plan to increase video views.
• Ideate and execute editorial products for distribution across O&O and social media channels
• Utilizing functional specialists in areas such as Production and Audience Development, to bring digital content to the BET audience every day.
• Use data and analytics to refine content strategy and drive toward department KPIs.
• Increase video views, page views and unique visitor numbers across the O&O and social media platforms
• Maintain and strengthen leadership position of BET digital
• Generate new innovative editorial products that are monetizable
• Optimize efficiency of editorial processes and workflow
• Analyze social media data and trends to identify resonant topics, innovative storytelling concepts and new talent
• Oversee relationship of O&O editorial team with social media platforms
• Work with SVP to establish social media storytelling strategy tailored for each social media platform
• Minimum of 15 years managerial experience leading large teams.
• Senior level experience as the editorial lead for a successful digital and video platform.
• Skilled in top editing, writing highly-clickable display copy, writing engaging content, SEO, newsletters, CMS, social media, video execution, Google Analytics, Chartbeat and other similar analytics tools, and influencer outreach
• High-level budget management experience
• Track record of developing content that drives conversation
• Deep knowledge of popular entertainment
• Comfort working within the 24/7 news cycle
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines and generate daily reports
• Ability to oversee multiple subject areas, working with multiple content creators to put together short- and long-term coverage plans
• Ability to build and lead packages, franchises, and feature stories
• Experience developing and producing long and short-form video
• Help continue to develop the hardworking roster of content creators
• Strong leadership skills, as well as delegate and prioritize effectively
• Strong management skills and the ability to help employees grow and thrive in their work