Senior Writer / Producer
BETNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/2/2021 1:02:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Writer / Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Writer / Producer postings
Full Time Job
Are you a dynamic, driven and savvy Senior Writer Producer with a knowledge, passion, curiosity and love of black culture? We are looking for a Senior Writer/Producer to support what's hot, what's next and what matters at BET Networks. The Sr. Writer/Producer must possess the ability to create award-winning promotional content for BET Network's existing and emerging distribution platforms. In addition to strong conceptual thinking, the candidate must have excellent script writing, producing, and editing skills as well as extensive knowledge of all aspects of post-production. The candidate must also have strong leadership and teaching skills in order to develop the skills of the junior members of the staff.
• Conceive and develop strong creative ideas that are inclusive of our multi-platform objectives.
• Oversee projects from inspiration to final delivery, including conceptualizing, writing, and managing editorial, graphics production, music composition and sound design.
• Communicate concepts and ideas to Creative Directors, editors, designers, talent, etc, making sure all elements conform to the brand and the mission of the network.
• Work with Production Management to develop and manage budgets; work with Operations to book sessions; fulfill multiple delivery schedules; and collaborate with multiple departments (broadcast, sales, marketing, affiliate marketing) to execute all promotional spots (on-air, off-air, marketing, radio, digital, streaming & social) - Work closely with outside vendors (graphics designers, animators, music composers, etc.) when necessary.
• Run audio and video editing sessions.
• Seek out external production sources as appropriate.
• Mentor PAs and/ or APs who may be assigned to your project and organize and maintain paperwork, rundowns, log sheets, music cue sheets, etc.
• Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent year for year experience.
• A minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a writer producer in on-air promotion and marketing.
• Experience in Cable TV, theatrical marketing, streaming or broadcast services
• Critical thinking skills
• Exhibit highly conceptual thinking and writing skills.
• Be a good storyteller.
• Understanding of promo editorial process from beginning to end.
• Interpersonal, motivational, people management and time management skills a necessity.
• Ability to juggle several projects at one time often under tight deadlines.
• Understanding post-production.
• Full grasp of industry practices a must.
• Keen sense of graphic design composition, music and sound design.
• Ability to direct shoots if needed, and participate in casting, location, and art direction.
• Understanding Popular Culture and current trends
• Strong knowledge of television, movies and music