Senior Vice President, Ad Sales, BET Her
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Position Summary & Company Overview:
BET Networks is currently seeking a Senior Vice President, Ad Sales for our cable network, BET Her. We are seeking an experienced ad sales executive with a strong affinity for the BET Her audience to join our team. The primary focus of this role will be to successfully sell and manage advertising revenue for a cable network targeting African-American women. BET Her is a 24-hour music and entertainment channel that powerfully reflects the lifestyle and sophistication of today’s African-American woman.
With dynamic content that includes Inspire[Her], Fab Finance, Get Fit W/ Nik, From the Bottom Up, Ask Auntie, Curvy Style, and The Jet Set Files, BET Her stays relevant and accessible, and serves a wide range of our audience needs and interests.
The SVP, Ad Sales will be located in New York and report to Louis Carr, the President of Media Sales at BET.
The SVP, Ad Sales will be a senior member of the advertising sales team, working with counterparts in Programming, Marketing, Integrated Marketing and Research to ensure BET Her meets clients objectives and exceeds sales goals. You will be able to passionately articulate the story of African-American women to clients, and participate in the strategic direction for both short term and long term advertising/sponsorship sales efforts. You will also function as a senior sales person building great relationships with new and existing clients to secure additional revenues. Specifically, you will:
• Nurture and grow BET Her’s sales efforts with targeted clients and work closely with BET Networks ad sales to identify opportunities for joint efforts, up sell and cross sell.
• Generate revenue that meets or exceeds BET Her’s budgets/business plan.
• Build the NY Sales Team as the Network continues to grow.
• Participate in upfront and scatter negotiations with agencies/clients.
• Direct and foster revenue relationships at the client/marketing levels as well as with advertising agencies servicing and negotiating through both the account and media units.
• Continually identify, define, and quantify both existing and new revenue opportunities.
• Locate non-traditional advertising budgets as well as existing media budgets and sell BET Her as the advertiser of choice for a very targeted and desirable audience.
• Manage and monitor sales staff, departmental budgets, and research as necessary.
• Create and implement sales strategies that resonate with BET Her’s current and potential clients.
• This SVP should be an experienced and innovative advertising sales professional who can be both a rainmaker and a coach.
• This SVP must have a strong connection to BET Her’s target audience and possess the ability to passionately “sell the culture.”
• This position requires a savvy senior sales executive who is able to discuss CPM’s and analyze the numbers to effectively help the team grow the overall network revenues.
• Our ideal candidate will have a proven capability in the area of building effective niche selling strategies in lieu of traditional “ratings-only” selling. You will be an experienced executive who has existing relationships with senior level clients as well as in the agency/media buying community, and partners with organizations.
In addition, you possess the following:
• Twelve (12) or more years of cable or television experience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with MediaMath.
• Strong relationships with agencies and national advertising.
• Existing client relationships.
• The ability to structure deals and develop strong client relationships as part of the nation’s leading cable network serving the African-American community.
• A track record of successfully growing ad sales revenues.
• An entrepreneurial spirit and aggressive attitude towards exceeding goals.
• A confident, tenacious, diplomatic, collaborative style.
• A Bachelor’s degree is required.