Senior Manager, Social
BETNew York, CA
Full Time Job
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Paramount Global, is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET's growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.
Overview & Responsibilities:
The BET social team is responsible for developing and producing compelling narrativesâ€''as told through stunning creative; across video, editorial, and social platformsâ€''that promote the BET brand and its programming. Across the spectrum of consumer media, our team develops, innovates and optimizes the best of BET content and fandom to drive fan acquisition, engagement, and retention using audience insights, consumer behavior, data analytics, and platform evolution to recognize opportunities for innovation and connection in this always-on world.
The Social Media Manager will support the Social Media Marketing Director in the execution of their social strategies and marketing of BET and itâ€™s Original programming.
include but are not limited to:
• Work with creative teams to develop concepts and produce assets for social channels and content initiatives.
• Conceptualize and develop multiple creative executions daily across social platforms.
• Communicate regularly with internal partners and teams such as Brand Creative, Talent Relations, PR and marketing to develop and apply findings over time to build a 360 social first campaign.
• Establish an ownable social strategy and editorial approach that delivers beats of always-relevant social content aligned with our BET originals show marketing objectives
• Manage agency partners to ensure execution of campaigns and activations.
• 5 years experience leading social media channels and working on creative and innovative social media campaigns.
• TV/Film experience is a plus!
• Deep understanding of how brands should use social to show up authentically.
• Experienced in developing social marketing strategies that are native to each channel and that can deliver tangible results
• Well versed at managing relationships with external and internal agencies/design teams to brief and manage original content.
• Ability to collect, analyze, and use social data to inform decision making.
• At the forefront of social trends and culture, knowing how to credibly and sensitively apply them while maintaining brand safety and values.
• Experience running influencers campaigns and how they can be used to extend social campaigns.
• Knowledge of how paid and organic content and strategies work together.
• Flexible, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
• Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage many projects and responsibilities.