Senior Manager, Contracts Management, Business & Legal Affairs, BET
BETNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/16/2022 2:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Senior Manager, Contracts Management, Business & Legal Affairs, BET jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Manager, Contracts Management, Business & Legal Affairs, BET postings
Full Time Job
Hiring Salary Range: $80,000.00 - 95,000.00
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview and Responsibilities
The Senior Manager of Contract Management provides day-to-day support to the BET Business and Legal Affairs team across all of the BET-branded platforms and businesses with a focus on live event, tent pole and music programming.
• Drafting, negotiating and tracking development and production-related agreements (e.g., submission releases; non-disclosure agreements; producer, production services and talent agreements; consultant and vendor deals; appearance, venue and location releases; clip licenses, etc.) as well as similar universe of standardized contracts relating to digital, promotional and marketing content.
• Counseling in-house client groups on a variety of legal issues and corporate policies that may arise in connection with production, marketing, promotion, advertising and sponsorships and handling corporate compliance with Paramount and BET Networks policies and procedures.
• Reviewing and approving legal contracts for execution by production and/or management.
• Reading, interpreting, analyzing and/or summarizing contracts and responding to rights and other contractual inquiries. Reviewing programming, clips and other footage for rights clearance purposes.
• Leading all aspects of contract administration and compliance; tracking rights and options and managing programming and departmental status charts and reports.
• Advising and communicating with various other departments regarding exploitation of programming across all media platforms.
• Implementation and execution of risk management strategies and business/corporate policies.
• Performing other day-to-day contract management and business affairs-related tasks as needed and assigned by senior contract managers and business/legal affairs executives in the department.
• At least 5 years of contract management experience is preferable.
• At least 3 years of entertainment industry experience desired (including law firm experience and/or experience in a business and/or legal affairs department at a major entertainment company, studio or network).
• Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent experience required. Paralegal certificate is a plus, but not required.
• Familiarity and working knowledge of entertainment industry business and practices, including forms, contracts, procedures and processes.
• Ability to read, interpret and analyze entertainment contracts and accurately respond to rights and other contractual inquiries.
• Proven ability to draft various forms of customary entertainment contracts (e.g., production, marketing, promotion and digital agreements) and negotiate with third parties within the companyâ€™s established parameters.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and the ability to proactively collaborate with client group members; ability to build strong internal relationships, effectively advise internal teams under conditions of uncertainty, pressure and/or risk and generate strong client satisfaction
• Adept at using and managing workflow and contract management software and processes.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail coupled with the ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and with a cooperative, collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability working with all types of personalities and work styles.
• The ideal candidate will be organized, self-motivated, diplomatic, resourceful and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Track record of exercising solid business judgment, maintaining confidentiality, meeting deadlines and working independently