Senior Director, Trade Marketing Distribution & Business Development
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories. Viacom's leading brands include BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount, TV Land, and VH1.
Viacom Distribution & Business Development (DBD) is responsible for the licensing of all Viacom Media Networks content across all traditional, digital and new media distribution channels and accounts for $4 billion in domestic annual revenue.
The Distribution and Business Development Marketing Team is part of DBD and team combines expert knowledge of distributors’ businesses and Viacom brands to add value to all distribution partnerships. The team is responsible for marketing Viacom assets to distributors, marketing to consumers in partnership with distributors, and leading cross-brand initiatives for over 25 distributors and 10 core brands, while driving innovation in this rapidly changing industry.
Distribution and Business Development Marketing seeks a Senior Director/Director to lead portfolio marketing, trade marketing and client experience initiatives that elevate the Viacom brand and portfolio to both current and future distribution partners (B2B).
• Synthesize data, detail, strategies and visions from across Viacom’s properties into compelling narratives, materials and experiences for the distribution audience. They must be able to uniquely create, articulate and implement DBD’s messaging and marketing campaigns.
• Develop, implement and execute all portfolio-wide marketing and communication strategies that elevate Viacom’s presence within the industry, showcase the value of our brands to distribution partners and support the departmental and company goals.
• Create and leverage partnerships across network and corporate teams including Research, Global Consumer Insights, Corporate Marketing & Strategy, Press, Social Responsibility, Creative Services, Learning & Development, Ad Sales and Special Events to integrate and promote brand and Viacom-wide objectives into DBD communications and tools.
• Develop strategy and oversee execution of distributor and industry-facing communications and events; including B2B Distributor portal, e-mail marketing, annual distributor “upfront” events, marketing and thought leadership summits, client experience, executive panels and speaking engagements.
• Lead development of Viacom portfolio and positioning presentations, corporate and distribution-specific positioning/press points, videos, programming calendars, research claims, and training and development.
• Lead distribution trade messaging efforts in partnership with Viacom’s internal teams including Press, Audience Science, Corporate Marketing Strategy, and channels to create and amplify Viacom positioning and moments with earned and paid media on digital / social platforms.
• Design, guide and execute internal trainings, off sites and cultural initiatives to elevate the Distribution and Business Development team. Build and cultivate a positive, energetic and collaborative workplace culture while serving as a motivator, problem solver, negotiator, and team leader.
• Develop and streamline processes and systems for collecting, housing, updating and disseminating information.
• Minimum 5-7 yrs. in consumer and trade marketing /media.
• Excellent written and oral communicator, collaborator and thought leader.
• A deep understanding of the current media landscape and distribution landscape.
• Strong executional abilities, with ability to manage projects that span content creation and deployment.
• Experience developing and executing paid marketing and event campaigns for trade and consumer audiences.
• Experience using all media and marketing platforms and a demonstrated ability to leverage analytics to inform campaign creation.
• Strategic thinker who can translate complex concepts into actionable, understandable plans and programs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, project management, time, budget, and presentation skills – design experience with PowerPoint and Photoshop preferred.
• Ability to build strong working relationships and foster collaboration throughout levels and disciplines.
• An effective, thoughtful, and ‘team-first’ leader with a respect for diversity and inclusion, cultural continuity and the importance of individual and team growth.