Senior Director, Social Media Marketing Strategy BET
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
About BET Networks:
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA) (NYSE: VIA.B), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; CENTRIC, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the 25- to 54-year-old African- American audience; BET Digital Networks - BET Gospel and BET Hip Hop, attractive alternatives for cutting-edge entertainment tastes; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET in the U.K. and oversees the extension of BET network programming for global distribution.
BET Networks, a Viacom company, is currently seeking a Senior Director, Social Media Marketing Strategy. The Senior Director, Social Media will work closely with the VP, Social Media and Digital Video to lead the social media marketing and monetization efforts for all BET/ BET Her linear scripted, unscripted and linear Award show, as well as the BET Experience. This role reports to the Vice President of Social Media & Digital Video.
Primary goals for this role are to:
• Create effective campaigns that drive organic awareness of BET Networks linear properties
across the primary social platforms that translate into #1 rankings in Nieslen Social Guide,
engagement and viewership of BET linear properties on linear, VOD, digital or OTT platforms.
• Work with linear marketing team to optimize digital and social marketing buys through
innovative use of new platform features and access to talent to create stunning materials to be
used in paid campaigns that deliver above average results.
• Strengthen, elevate and inspire a team of Social Producers and Coordinators by effectively
managing them to maintain a consistent daily publish schedule and engagement strategy for
network shows across the primary social networks.
• Represent the BET Social department as a knowledgable, capable and responsible ally to
internal and external partners.
• Have fun while making a meaningful impact for the network and the demographic we serve!
The Senior Director, Social Media reports to the VP, Social Media and is based in New York.
• Manage a team of 7 Social Producers and Coordinators
• Act as lead POC for any social agencies that BET Networks contracts for social support of a
• Provide strategic support for all BETN initiatives, including show launches on BET, BET HER
and the BET Experience.
• Attend planning and marketing meetings on behalf of BET Social Media, representing
departmental interests and presenting plans.
• Support Ad Sales team via breakthrough ideation and execution of branded content on behalf
of a myriad of blue chip clients.
• Work closely and collaborate with 360 Consumer Marketing and Brand Creative groups on
marketing of linear priorities.
• Manage paid campaigns across social platforms
• Develop and present strategy presentation decks for key Programming projects
• Meet regularly with all social platform partners about the latest features and capabilities
available to BET for promotion of linear priorities.
• Work directly with network talent to coordinate platform takeovers and visits to platform
offices for linear promotion.
• Work directly with programming team to ensure that assigned Social Producers/Coordinators
are visiting set while shows are taping to capture content to be used through the social
We seek a dynamic, strategic, high-capacity individual who can strategize across a breadth of corporate priorities to ensure that BETN’s Social platforms drive business objectives. To accomplish this, s/he must possess the following:
• 8 years working in the Social Media space
• Knowledge of Social tools such as Sprinklr, CANVS, Nielsen Social, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree a must; Master’s Degree a plus
• Excellent writing skills and ability to speak and message effectively to the BETN audiences
• Solid project management skills
• Solid understanding of consumer and 360 marketing
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once, working in a fast paced environment
• Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas, both written and verbal
• Capacity to synthesize large amounts of data into actionable information
• Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build consensus and work as part of an executive team
• A strong work ethic, determination, persuasiveness and ability to get the job done
• A resourceful self-starter with a strong desire to learn