Senior Director, Social Media, BET
Full Time Job
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Paramount Global, is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET's growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.
The BET social team is responsible for developing and producing compelling narrativesâ€''as told through stunning creative; across video, editorial, and social platformsâ€''that promote the BET brand and its programming. Across the spectrum of consumer media, our team develops, innovates and optimizes the best of BET content and fandom. We strive to drive fan acquisition, engagement, and retention by applying audience insights, consumer behavior, data analytics, and platform evolution to recognize opportunities for innovation and connection in this always-on world.
We are seeking a Senior Director of Social Media to lead our social strategy to increase awareness and engagement of BET brand and content. The ideal candidate thrives in a creative, collaborative, and results driven environment!
• Establish data-driven and creative approach to inform and build overall social strategy and develop critical metrics to track impact on business results.
• Be a creative storyteller and develop effective techniques to optimize social strategy.
• Work closely with internal collaborators and teams such as Brand Creative, Brand Marketing, Content, Talent Relations, and PR.
• Lead and encourage social team to pursue creative and executional excellence.
• Manage agency partners to ensure execution of campaigns and activations.
• 8 years of experience leading social media strategy on creative and innovative social media campaigns. TV/Film experience is a plus!
• Proven social media expert with track record of developing successful social campaigns and community for established brands.
• At the forefront of social trends and culture. With a sophisticated understanding of social best-practices and knowledge of how paid and organic content and strategies work together.
• Ability to collect, analyze, and use social data to inform decision making and measure impact social campaigns have on overall business goals.
• Proficient at managing relationships with external and internal agencies/design teams to brief and manage original content. As well as, experience leading a team.
• Agile, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
• Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage projects and responsibilities.