Manager, Digital Research & Insights
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BET Networks, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET's growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.
This position will support the Digital analytics and insights function at BET Networks and work with teams across Content Production/Editorial, Marketing, Research and Business Strategy! The role manages digital reporting to company stakeholders across a wide array of social and O&O platforms, and reports to the Senior Director of Digital Research and Insights.
This individual will be responsible for contributing to in-depth analysis of performance and trends on social and digital platforms including competitive intelligence, case studies, and supporting management in the development of overall digital strategies. You will be involved in primary and secondary research efforts with the goal to provide practical insights to identify opportunities to grow engagements across BET Digital. This person should be naturally curious, thoughtful, and creative.
include but are not limited to:
• Lead the reporting and communications of BET's Digital performance and serve as the day-to-day social analytics contact for BET & BETHer. Contribute to brainstorm sessions and daily editorial meetings.
• Support the development of custom content, editorial voice and audience growth.
• Complete regular analysis to address and inform important questions relating to owned digital performance across BET sites and apps
• Start-to-end ownership of reports, presentations, and other deliverables to provide strategic recommendations for BET Networks
• Minimum of 5 years work experience
• Strong knowledge of social media analytics (Facebook Insights, Snapchat Analytics, Conviva, YouTube Analytics, Listenfirst, Tubular, Social Content Ratings, etc.), and data management tools (DOMO, etc)
• Strong strategic problem solver, with a passion for television and digital media, and a willingness to learn and work with others.
• Ability to build and tell a story through data in the form of presentations and other deliverables
• Strong presentation skills with the ability communicate research effectively to both small and large groups
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Omniture or other analytics tools (i.e., Google Analytics)
• Experience with social listening tools (Crimson Hexigon, Talkwalker, etc.)
• Computer proficiency with strong Microsoft Office skills is essential (Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
• Experience using Tableau for data analysis and dashboards
• Experience with programming language like Python a plus
• Highly organized and extremely detailed with the ability to work under pressure, set priorities, handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
• Passion for black culture and trends
• Proactive self-starter who takes initiative, and can work well both independently and with others