Manager, Brand Solutions - BET Networks
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET’s growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.
BETN is looking for an experienced professional in the area of integrated marketing and advertising, which will report to the Director of Brand Solutions. The Brand Solutions Department, supports the Network’s Sales Team, and is responsible for developing creative ideas around our plethora of programming, digital/social content, and events for all platforms of BET Networks, which augment our advertisers’ traditional media placements. The goal is to enhance our clients’ level of awareness and engagement with their target audiences. We develop creative, unique, brand-relevant initiatives that generate, or have the potential to generate, incremental Network revenue. In addition to the ideation, the Manager will also be responsible for managing the execution of proposals sold, as well as the subsequent stewardship.
The ideal Candidate has previous experience in this area; is smart, a creative ‘out-of-the-box’ thinker, adept in the Digital/Social space, keeps current on cultural trends, is extremely well-organized, analytical, detailed oriented, and dependable; has exceptional communication, writing & presentation skills, sound professional judgement/decision-making skills, is collaborative, level-headed/composed under pressure, and has the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs), submitted by clients or our Sales Team, against all BETN platforms - BET, BET Her, and BET Digital, for assigned business categories
• Manage proposal development through all phases - ideation, vetting, writing, and presenting, if required
• Manage flawless execution of all projects, with strong attention to detail, follow-up and follow-through
• Work collaboratively with key stakeholders across the Company throughout the ideation, execution and stewardship process
• Manage financials around proposals and executions, as well as budget approval process
• Develop project timelines, reports, meeting agenda & recap notes, and regularly interface with clients throughout the execution process
• Manage and maintain positive client relationships
• Develop detailed and insightful recap decks upon completion of sponsored projects
• Actively participate in various meetings (Team, inter-departmental), as well as client meetings or presentations, as needed
• Experience in proposal development/writing, brand integrations and experiential elements
• Bachelor’s Degree, with a minimum of 5 years of related experience
• Significantly knowledgeable of Digital and Social platforms
• Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint, Word and Excel programs
• Excellent and persuasive communication skills (written, verbal)
• Flexibility with work hours, and overnight/weekend travel, as required for project activation.