BETNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/16/2022 10:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Publicity/PR Category
Search for Jr Publicist jobs in New York-NY
Search all Jr Publicist postings
Full Time Job
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Paramount Global, is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET's growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.
Overview & Responsibilities:
This position plays a key role in supporting the Communications team for BET Consumer Publicity and Events efforts. Responsibilities are varied, extensive and timely:
• Media monitoring/clippings, distribution of periodic clip reports, reporting/metrics and distribution; event research and editorial calendar development.
• Coordinate and maintain press website and all network and series assets.
• Maintain, update, and lead the department's media contact lists.
• Maintain departmental files including broadcast and editorial calendars, assignment/project calendar, series promos/social assets and series press quotes.
• Distribution of press releases over the wire and uploading to the BET Press Room.
• Management and processing of all vendor invoices.
• Assist events production team as needed.
• Development of key materials including but not limited to Press Releases, Internal Memos, visually compelling PowerPoint presentations and meeting agendas.
• Providing key-onsite support at all BET tentpole evets, handling press logistics for the team including leading production logistics, signage; recruiting and handling press escorts; co-management of media and staff credentials; coordination and distribution of show assets for promotional use; facilitating red carpet press interviews; leading/coordinating press room; uploading show assets to press site in real time and pulling award show clips for wide distribution immediately following show taping.
• Serving as back up administrative support for the Chief Communications & Social Impact Officer. Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Periodic coverage of the Chief Communications & Social Impact Officer phones and calendar, including when Executive Assistant is out of the office.
• Onsite or offsite assistance on events, large meetings, etc.
• Handle confidential and proprietary information with discretion.
• Order and coordinate office supplies.
• 1 years of professional work experience, preferably in PR, Communications, Marketing in-house or agency; television, entertainment or streaming.
• Motivated self-starter skilled in multitasking, communication, time management and strong organizational skills with acute attention to detail.
• Great Teammate, personable, social, enthusiastic, reliable, proactive, humble, diligent and resourceful.
• Excellent written and verbal communications.
• Strong initiative and solid ability to establish relationships both internally and externally.
• Experience with monitoring tools such as Muck Rack, Cision and Critical Mention; Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint; Mailchimp; Google Suite experience a plus.
• Media relations experience as well as experience crafting and writing press releases.
• Interest and understanding of the media and entertainment business and industry, as well as the Black consumer and content landscape.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines across multiple projects.
• Able to learn and adapt quickly to new and challenging situations, plus ability to receive, retain and apply key takeaways.