Financial Analyst, Production Finance
BETWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
BET is the primary channel of BET Networks, the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African American audience. BET reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom and sub-Saharan Africa. BET's keen understanding and deep relationship with its audience has helped cultivate innovative groundbreaking programming including, The Game, Let's Stay Together, Real Husbands of Hollywood and Sunday Best, as well as must-watch original series including Being Mary Jane, Burns BBQ and T.D. Jakes Presents: Mind, Body & Soul. BET is more than just television to the African American community: it is family.
BET is seeking a Financial Analyst, Production Finance. This role will support production finance & accounting operations for our original in-house and 3rd party produced programming. This is an excellent position for someone who is looking to develop their career in production finance and television accounting and can bring their strong analytical and operational skills to a fast-paced industry leader. Key duties will include Accounts Payable processes, General Ledger & production accounting, and corporate reporting for all original programming including scripted, unscripted, events and development. This position will work cross-functionally to directly support Corporate Finance, Business Affairs, and Production. This position will report to the Sr. Director, Production Finance
The ideal candidate will be highly driven and curious, possess strong interpersonal skills, be able to process many tasks simultaneously with accuracy and take the initiative to innovate and drive operational improvements.
• Managing the Accounts Payable process for original programming, including coordinating with external studios,
• producers, and business managers, etc.
• Establishing relationships and working closely with third-party vendors to implement A/P vendor set-ups and
• troubleshoot any vendor or payment issues.
• Serving as primary liaison with talent representatives and payroll company in the submission of start paperwork for development payments
• Facilitating the submission and review of freelancers' payroll
• Performing weekly payroll edit reviews, corresponding with payroll company paymaster on outstanding issues and timely approval of edits
• Working closely with Production and Production Accounting to acquire updated production budgets and cash flows to maintain and update funding Purchase Orders.
• Ensuring all general ledger accounting transactions related to original programming are entered accurately, timely, and coded properly.
• Reconciling general ledger accounting system with production accounting systems, show trial balances and cost reports.
• Supporting monthly/quarterly accounting close, and research as needed to ensure all costs are reconciled to SAP and accounted for at show level
• Handling ancillary invoice billing to 3rd party companies
• Creating and maintaining product related information during content lifecycle
• Executing various show set-up needs and ad hoc projects
• 2-3 years finance or accounting experience
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in finance or accounting
• Understanding of accounting principles and practices, general ledger systems and accounts payable functions.
• Strong knowledge of Excel
• Knowledge of television production finance functions and entertainment industry business practices.
• Experience in general ledger accounting, purchase order or planning systems preferred (SAP, Ariba, Longview, EP
• Smart Accounting)
• Learns quickly, conducts self-reviews, checks work, and learns from mistakes
• Is curious, hardworking, and passionate about entertainment finance; and maintains a positive attitude
• Works effectively and efficiently with heavy volume and tight deadlines